or Connect

Posts by hydrogin

Now that I've done it a few times, its not so bad. The way the info falls down in the hierarchy does make sense I have some friends at the local university who work on GIS applications so will pass along the SPLAT! link. Thanks for putting together a very useful website Trip.
That was not obvious, thanks. I wonder how they generate that coverage info ... computer-generated using topo maps (maps with elevation countour info) or sending someone out to the field with a receiver?
That's a helpful map. How did you navigate that site to get to the maps?
If you look at the back of the owners manual, there's a table which shows all the supported resolutions and refresh rates for the different video inputs ... HDMI, VGA, and Component. 1280x1024 @60hz is the best you can do using the G20/G25 VGA input. That's why an HDMI input should be used when possible for best resolution. With the newer laptops that have HDMI outputs, that's the way to go. Attached to this post is a copy of the report MONINFO created for my G20...
Wow, this thread is still alive?! Thought I'd pop in and mention for those with laptops or PC's that can be connected to their G20/G25, if you've been curious about the EDID PROM data in your display, you can use this program to find out: http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm It will tell you things like what the preferred/native resolution of the G20/G25 is (which is 1920x1080/60), whether it supports YCbCr 4:4:4 color encoding (which it does), color...
Speaking of Windows 7 laptops ... those based on Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processors have graphics built right into the CPU and they all come with HDMI outputs. So if the content you're interested in isn't available with your cable lineup, but its streaming online (e.g. a sports event on espn3.com), you can connect your laptop to your HDTV with an HDMI cable and watch either live or recorded events. That's how I watched US Open Tennis this year. p.s. Unfortunately,...
I curse Cox SB for changing their physical channel assignments so frequently! Is this a campaign to make me rent a cable box? It just motivates me to use bitorrent more Sometimes I can access a new channel assignment without re-scanning. This time I had to rescan. That sucks because after scanning (which takes 30+ minutes to do) my Panasonic G20 forgets all the channel labels I manually entered the last time Anyways, here are the HD channels found in my legacy...
Quote: Originally Posted by kerempek why nobody answered my question the 2D comparision between ST30 and GT25 series.... There could be two reasons: 1. Most people in this thread are G20/G25 owners, not ST30 owners. 2. You've posted your question 5 or 6 times in AVS forums. Each time, you simply ask your question and never show any indication you've done any homework/research on your own. People are more likely to help you if you can show...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cronnin Yep, that's what I found at: panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/compatibility/usb/option1.html Just wanted to check if something new came up. Too bad none of those low cost dongles would work. Oh, the injustice Sorry for the impatience, I spent the whole afternoon yesterday setting up the TV, so I was tired. You could look at getting a wifi bridge as an alternative - that's what I would be using if I...
Welcome to the forums! Only two will work, the one from Panasonic and one from Netgear.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post19285733 Next time, try the "Search this thread" box, it works really well. I got the above by entering "wifi dongle".