or Connect

Posts by hydrogin

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBeeKing I searched all the CEC posts in this thread and didn't find much compatibility with anything other than Panasonic Blu-Ray players, like my BD85. I just wanted to let everyone with a G25 know that the HDMI CEC function in my new Canon PowerShot SX230 HS http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/p...rshot_sx230_hsis not compatible with our TV. It uses a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable to display a super crisp slide show or playback...
To add to what others have said ...What you're looking for is something that:1. Can physically attach to your home theater system (e.g. drive the video inputs on your TV and audio inputs on your TV or receiver).2. Can access your soft media files (ISO, VOBS, MKV, AVI, DIVX, WMV, MP3, DTS, DD, etc.) either from your home network or an attached USB drive. Network access means supporting a network file system like CIFS/SMB or uPNP/DLNA. 3. Can read the above file formats and...
By the way, just to clarify, the wifi dongle isn't to blame for not being able to access the type of content you'd like. The dongle's job is just to provide a LAN connection from your G20 to your router. If you can access Vieracast, the dongle is doing its job. Of course, a simple ethernet cable would get you the same result. You were probably expecting Vieracast to give you more applications like MLB TV. What you can access on TV's from the internet depends on the...
This topic is WIDE open! You have lots of options, all with different advantages and disadvantages. Much of what you want to do will depend on what your video sources are going to be. For example, do you own your own library of movie video files to watch (or do you download them illegally using Bitorrent)? Or will you be relying on someone else to stream the video to you from the internet or a website? Here are some thoughts on options ... The most flexible but most...
Best place for feature requests are the WDC community forums: http://community.wdc.com/ For example: http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Liv...eas/idb-p/idea
I believe the real issue is most TV's now will not pass DD surround sound out the TV optical output if the source is connected to an HDMI input of the TV. But the TV will pass DD surround sound out the optical output if the source is the TV's internal tuner. This is the way my Panasonic G20 works. This is due in part to the movie industry's desire to not have digital data from a disc player pass through an unsecure port like a TOSLINK optical output. So there are two...
Go to post #2932 and look at the second photo attachment. That is what my BD85 network settings look like for establishing manual IP addresses. The two fields that have "(DHCP)" in the name should be Off as shown. You should be able to use the arrows on the remote to navigate to the fields. Then hit the OK button to get ready to enter an address. A window should come up that allows numbers to be entered. If this doesn't work (which would be very odd) you could try turning...
Quote: Originally Posted by MIkeDuke P.S I clicked on the link and saw that. But in my opinion the should have put in a more easy to read place. Like in this paragraph "As an owner of a Panasonic VIERA HDTV, you're automatically entitled to our VIERA Concierge Priority Service Scheduling. Our VIERA HDTV experts will first determine whether your problem can be fixed right over the phone. If in-home service is required, they will assist you with...
IIRC, FB's are not related directly to the CATS sensor. North American customers have reported observing FB's with the CATS sensor disabled. So FB's apparently are inherent in the design of the set. That said, some people are claiming they see an (unexpected) reduction in FB's when a bright light (e.g. LED) is placed near the CATS sensor. I haven't been following this thread, but my guess is if the bright light trick really does work, it might be because the designers...
Quote: Originally Posted by MIkeDuke They told me again, that their policy was not to do any in home help for TV's 42in in size. Even though it does not say so on the web site. Great news to hear Panasonic was able to flex their policy to provide you with on-site service. I was not aware of the "carry-in" exception. But just for grins, I looked into it and found out Panasonic does specify their "carry in" policy for 42-inch sets on their web...