or Connect

Posts by hydrogin

Guys, I want to purchase a WDTV Live with the newer standby mode. If someone has one of these, could you please let me know what the first 6 or 7 digits of your serial number are? That's going to be the only way to find one. When you hit the power button on the remote, the old standby mode wakes up quickly and displays a small WDC logo. The new standby mode wakes slowly - first it displays a larger WD logo, then it displays the smaller WDC logo (similar to...
Try searching this thread with the keywords "randywalters" and "feet". I think he says Panny's are rated for use over 9,000 feet.Will add that Q to the list since its been brought up before. I'd write a FAQ if Panny would give me a BD85
If the TV and BDP are connected via HDMI, you can often get one component's remote to control the other device. But you need to have HDMI-CEC (aka BraviaSync and AnyNet) enabled on each device. Give that a try.
That's very helpful, thanks. I've run across a user in this thread and another @Amazon.com that have had issues with noise similar to me. Perhaps we all got lemons.I noticed my e-tailer's packaging was very skimpy and allowed the boxed Sony to fly around inside the shipping carton.
Yes, there are USB, SD, HDMI slots on the left side. Thermal vents on my 50G20 are only @top/bottom. Personally, I like the idea of facing off the shelf for a wall mount but don't have details on all the constraints/aesthetics. Since this isn't your primary home theater, I won't hesitate to tell you I have friends who would be satisfied to have a 46" set 12' away as a primary display. But this is America and the consumer mindset is bigger is always better. There are...
I find these issues to be very subjective. I have friends with 42" LCD's who are very happy 12' away. But I think once you experience the submersive effect of being relatively close to a panel, you get a little jaded. People who grew up playing video games have a tendency to sit close to their displays so that's another POV.I wonder if some re-engineering is possible? Any way to remove the shelf/cabinet or perhaps mount the panel in front of it? The latter might be...
I mentioned in the S370/S470 thread that I just received an S470. The first thing I noticed is the transport drive system is too loud for me. I can hear the drive whizzing/spinning/humming along while watching the Planet Earth BD. This is in an open rack that's 14-feet from the couch. The S470 also makes some rather loud "clunking" noises when first loading a disc, but I could live with that if it were the only issue. Today I found similar feedback on the S470 @amazon.com...
You caught me just b4 heading to the beach All SPDIF/TOSLINK connections like the TV optical out on the G20/G25 only have enough bandwidth to carry 5.1 lossy audio (e.g. Dolby Digital aka AC3, DTS) which is what you find on DVD's and BD's. There isn't enough bandwidth to carry lossless HD audio along with all the additional channels (e.g. Dolby TrueHD) like you'd find on a BD.That's why most HT enthusiasts prefer to connect their BDP to a receiver so they can enjoy the...
I can offer my opinion and list some issues I've seen posted. This is going to be subjective, but that's what you're looking for. After you see the keywords/phrases, you can then get more info and form your own judgement by using the "Search this Thread" spinbox.My Pro'sExcellent value for the money.Very good picture quality.THX-certified mode.Solid build.Very effective anti-glare coating.Lighter in weight than past plasmas.Lower in power consumption than past plasmas.Good...
Unfortunately no. At least that I can remember. Good idea though, I wish more threads had a rollup/FAQ at the beginning. The same questions keep getting asked and answered here. Good way to stay sharp on the speed-skimming skills however