or Connect

Posts by baraant

The polk center hasn't come out of the box yet, so it appears it's going back sometime this week, thanks.
I just bought the JBL ES80's from Fry's for $138 each and for a center channel the guy in there didn't recommend any JBL center. I also listened to the polk center CSI 3 and it sounded much better than the JBL that was wired in there, I'm not sure which one the JBL was. Is the polk CSI 3 a good center for the ES80's or is there something else I should be looking at? My receiver is an Onkyo TX-SR607, sub is a Definitive Technology - ProSub 800, and I have Martin Logan...
I can do the IQ's would I gain anything by purchasing the IQ70's? For the 30's I would have them about 3.5' - 4' apart on either side of my TV on the stand and for the 70's I would be able to move them farther apart off the TV stand. Any thoughts on a center?
For a 5.1 system I have already have an Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver and I have some motion 4's I can use as rears and a Definitive Technology - ProSub 800. I'm looking at the JBL ES80's for about $277 for the pair and I was wondering what you guys thought of these, or can I find a higher quality pair of bookshelfs that would work for about the same price and give a better sound? It's a basement viewing/listening area about 15' x 25' with a 7.5' ceiling. Currently I'm using...
Ceiph, Would you mind sharing where you can get the B&W's for 50% off and is it available to all of us?
So after the break in period how do they sound? Did you end up keeping them?
I just listened to the Pioneer SP-FS51-LR's at my local BB and they don't even compare to the sound from the Motion 4's. Now I'm trying to find a source for infinity's in the Chicago area. While I was there I also listen to the Motion 10's and the Definitive Technology - SuperTower 3-1/2" Floorstanding speakers and each of them seemed to put out the extra sound I was looking for, although the pricing was a little higher than I was looking to spend. Maybe I'll just put...
I should have mentioned that with the Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver I had 2 Martin Logan Motion 4 speakers and a Definitive Technology - ProSub 800 that I was using for stereo sound in my upstairs family room. I decided to try the Motion 4's and sub downstairs to see how they would fill the room. The Motion 4's are crystal clear, but they don't seem to go loud enough. Although, as high as I turn the volume the sound remains crystal clear and I can hear it that way from my...
I already have an Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver and what I'm working on is a surround system for a 25' x 30' room with about a 7' ceiling, it's in a dry-walled basement. The TV is in a corner of the room and the actually viewing area is about a 15' square out of the corner. I live in a suburb just west of the Chicago area and would prefer to check out recommended speakers at any of the local stores, e.g., Best Buy, Abt, Fry's, etc......, but if there are better on-line...
I ended up going back to the magnolia center at my local BB and talking with a manager there who appeared to know quite a bit more than the salesman I originally bought the stuff from. I ended up bringing the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver and Motion 12's back to BB. The Motion 12's, as good as they sound, were to large for the room I was using them in and the guy at BB wasn't really impressed with the Pioneer receiver. So, I ended up with the Motion 4's, a Definitive...