or Connect

Posts by Guibs

Nah, it's not related to this since the flashes are occuring during a TV show, not during commercial breaks.Notice that if I see it happening, if I just power off and on my PVR/cable box, it seems to stop. So it could either by my PVR or a HDMC handshake issues between my PVR and TV. It would make sense since I never noticed this while playing games or watching a bluray movie so it may mean my TV is just fine. I will run more tests.Anyway, I need to get a new receiver, my...
never bought from crutchfield. How are they? If I have an issue, do they have a 30 day return policy? For someone who is completely useless, How big of a deal is it to miss out on MultEQ XT vs regular MultEQ? That and the additional 1 year is what I need ton consider regarding the dollar $$ changes. The x1000 is a bit less powerfull than the x2000 so that might impact sound a bit right? How great is 7.1 vs 5.1 because that is also the difference between x2000 and x1000....
it's actually simple, I can't find a single store who sells it. Even online here in canada. Someone is selling the x1000 on amazon.ca for 600$ which is more expansive than the e400.In fact, I am still yet to find a place with the x2000 in store also. My local Futureshop (think bestbuy) has it at their depot so I could order online from them). The only one I was able to physically see in store and available was the X4000 which is way too expansive for what I can afford...
Hey Mighty Denon Thread.My current very old kenwood receiver (probably 12 years old, no HDMI connectors) is showing signs of death and I'm shopping for a replacement. After looking at all the current brand, I think I've settle for a Denon.After doing some research, I think I settle for the X2000 even though its a bit on the high side budget wise for me at this moment.Problem is, I just saw a local store selling the AVR-E400 for 200$ (487$ vs 700$ for a x2000). I'm...
I am aware of the random reboot with internet content. In fact I see that from time to time but when it usually happen, I see the Sony logo on screen which tells me the tv is rebooting. This doesn't happen very often. No this is different although I am starting to wonder if the issue is not related to my PVR instead since I have only witness this when watching tv and never when watching bluray or olaying games. I will investigate further and let you know.
Hey thread. Been a while. I have been enjoying my hx850 until this week. Started noticing the screen going all black for a second and back one and it would repeat after a few seconds. If I power off the tv and power back on, the issue seems to clear out and everything is fine. This has happened a few time since a few days so I am getting concerned this might get worse. Anyone else had seen this issue?
let say you are watching a movie, either full screen or with black bars in cinema mode with led dynamic control to standard. Are you still seeing this on your set? If so, then their might be an issue with assembly after all. If this is similar physically to flashlighting (miss assembly, different pressure being applied on the panel, it may be possible that with time, the effect may diminish with time. I understand that it's a chance you are taking and an expansive TV so I...
No the HX850 led are located at the top and bottom. I am 100% sure. I have one and I also saw pictures of a teardown of my TV that confirmes it.I'm looking into the W900a but can't seem to find a teardown with picture being done on that model. I'll look it up but I still believe that it should be top and bottom. Sony has moved toward that model since their were having issues espicially on biggest tv with led located to the left and right because the distance between both...
I have a hx850 so my model is a bit different but I find your backlit setting pretty high. Are these settings for daytime, full sunlight viewing? If this is mostly from night time/basement, I would recommand lowering your backlit to 3-4 to see if you have ab improvement.In your settings, you are not mentionning the scene you are currently using. Are you switching scene depending on content or input? Most people will go to the game scene when playing games to lower input...
Hmm, I swear I read an article about the W900a that said the light was coming from the top and bottom section of the screen exactly like my hx850. I'll need to research it back to make sure I have not miss read it.still, the recommandation I made to lower the effect still stands.