or Connect

Posts by eric12341

I don't have a clue? It is well documented that 8VSB doesn't penetrate structure as well which is the root of mine, and a few of my friends problems. Here are examples of some things they have told me.Girl- "I can't really watch anything because of the antenna"Guy-" I tried getting a converter box and stuff awhile ago and it just didn't work"Another girl- "sometimes you just can't see the channels"Even my Facebook status about the government messing this up yielded quite a...
Not sure if there is but it's worth a try, after all they did choose a modulation standard that isn't good at penetrating terrain or other obstructions well. So they do owe it to us but that's just my opinion.
I probably wouldn't be able to pick up anything with that.
Wow look at that plot, it does not look good for you at all. Especially considering the plot I got for my area which consisted of green stations and I'm having alot of trouble just getting those in, I'm surrounded by trees. You better be prepared to shell out the cash to get an antenna that will reach at minimum the height of your neighbors antenna and hope that there aren't any trees around as well. When all set and done you can ask the government to reimburse you for all...
Might be a mixture of both. I know for a fact I used to get in WGN 9 better when it was on 9 than it being on 19. Also almost very little effort is required for me to get in RF 12 when compared to RF 45 and RF 38 for instance. Both those channels are what my evening programming comes on, I also got those stations better when they were RF 44 and RF 66. RF 45 in my area is in an especially tough situation because there are also channels on RF40,41,43 ,44,47, and 49. All of...
The reason I'm resorting to this configuration is because it wouldn't work otherwise. The indoor antennas I have did not work on the TVs when I hooked them up individually. This is all because the 8VSB simply cannot penetrate the trees, brick and possibly chicken wire insulation of my house as its the oldest one on the block. I've also tried removing the amp to eliminate the possibility of overload and that didn't work either.
I put the antenna on the 25ft of cable I bought and tried all the locations along it either way, seems that each channel has its spot and no configuration or location have gotten in all channels on a reliable and consistent basis. The channels will fade out like a cliff and won't return till I find another spot. Rinse and repeat.Try a normal set top antenna, it probably wouldn't work.-Reception on FOX fĂșcking up while typing this-
I knew you would be here that's why I haven't been tough on you. I practically agree with you on the roku box thing and I'd much rather him have that than an Apple TV.I think there won't be a replacement for at least another 2 or 3 years, video gaming innovations and advancements seem to be at a plateau right now, the graphics are as good as they're going to get before actually looking like reality, I read something about that last year. Also if you've tried Windows Phone...
It is all RG6 except for my bros TV in the basement and my sisters TV, there's just one splitter which is just hooked up to an amp that was left by the cable installation. I already tried the antenas on each of the TVs separately and found reception to be better how it is now. Why should I have to have a properly mounted antenna to get signals that were working fine before? That's my problem, this 8VSB modulation simply cannot penetrate structure very well.
They still are bad unless somehow all the TVs in my house are using receivers from that generation which I don't think is likely, here's a rundown of all the TVs in my house.Living Room-Sony Bravia 42" (purchased in 2010)Parents room- Emerson 32" (purchased in 2007)Sisters room- Sylvania 32" (purchased in 2009)My Room- Apex digital 32" SDTV (purchased in 2003,hooked up to apex converter box that was purchased in 2009)My Brothers TV in basement-Samsung 32" (purchased in...