or Connect

Posts by bizwiz41

Two answers here:Most strips do remain "On", or lit to show they are protecting, or at least grounded, and supplying power. Some strips do have the "On/Off" feature via remote. Even the switchable strips will remain "on", or lit, as for the same reasons above. Also, some of the receptacles in a switchable strip are always "On", but they should be clearly labeled as such.A few things to look at:1) If the protector came with a remote, try teaching the command to the Harmony...
I can tell you that I have the BIC center speaker, and I find it to be incredible. The audio quality is as good as any speaker three times its price. As for the value of BIC speakers, they really can't be beat. For $610.00, that is a great price for the set up. In short, you won't be sorry with this purchase.
To answer your full original question, there is not a scientific (or technological) reason for no QWERTY remote. Can it be done, or made? Yes, as mdavej stated Logitech manufactured one has a keyboard with a universal remote. Perhaps this is not exactly what you're hoping for in a device, but it does exist.So, the reason is not scientific, but economic. I understand your point about the L.A. market, but you are only looking at your friends. What about the whole of LA? As a...
I think you have answered your own question, if you look at your statements.In short, there is no money in it to make keyboard remotes.One, you have to put the term "majority" into perspective. The "majority" of people do not require a keyboard (yet). There are still a tremendous amount of old CRT TVs out there, using antennas or directly connected cable services. Simply a "majority" only need "On/Off", channel changing and volume on their remotes. Even the next tier of...
Thanks for the link. It contains very good information about scratching and deterring it. After reading the article, I realized that my speakers are the "tallest" thing the cats scratch.So, I think I will look for the feliway spray, place double sided tape on the speaker areas they love to scratch, and get taller scratching posts. If those measures do not work, then I give up!
EXACTLY!!!! I wake up in the middle of the night because I hear them scratching something!If I catch them scratching the speakers, I do have a water squirter on the ready, and they hate being squirted. But....it doesn't seem to stop them.
For me it was a surprise attack! I'm a dog person at heart.......
Interesting link, thanks! Our cats do exhibit some of the "anxiety" induced scratching symptoms. This scratching became an issue after we moved, and a subsequent furniture move.So, I guess we have cats with high anxiety! But, I'm going to look for this Feliway and give that a try.
I've tried the water thing as well, I use an old cleaner water that puts out a good spray. But....I have to catch them to use it. So, this method doesn't seem to be working as well. FYI, these are the things I've tried that did NOT work:Spraying water on them when caught scratching speakersNearby scratching post"Yelling at them when caught"Spraying speakers (cabinets) with orange scented/citrus furniture polish. (I read cats do not like citrus)I did try taping up aluminum...
You know your song will be banned in Texas......and they'll pay you not to play there!