or Connect

Posts by fuzzy7k

I've got a Philips 30PW9110 that started going black after turning on. Blinked codes 11,33,34. 11 is black current loop instability, 33 & 34 are I2C communication errors to the two chips on the deflection controller. I did some testing according to the schematic that I have and found that the set would not blank if I had the meter on pin 8, VOC, of the R amp. So, I replaced that, still no good. Then, I turn the screen pot up and the set displays info, no blanking, but then...
As a follow-up, I have purchased the S2. It's a good bang for the buck. A little too much bang for the buck in my case. When it arrived it had two huge dents in the back of the TV. It seems to be playing fine, however. Since I'm not looking at the back of the TV and I don't want to deal with customer service I'm going to leave it be unless I start experiencing some problems. The DVI > HDMI adapter works like it should. There was a feature to reduce noise around the edge...
Thanks, I've purchased the S2 and it indeed works great with a DVI > HDMI converter. Thanks guys. I only had one issue and that was with some silly feature to remove noise around the edges. It was enabled when I got the TV and it removed a lot, so much so that I couldn't see the taskbar. Regarding the graininess, it will indeed hamper your first impression. It is not a film grain like I saw someone suggest. It looks like random static on an old analog TV, but much finer...
I've seen several references to running this TV on a computer, or HTPC, but I've also seen a couple customer reviews stating that DVI > HDMI does not work with this TV; and for that matter even PC HDMI to HDMI and to "stick with samsung". I'm fairly confidant that these are probably from some samsung fanboy and/or disgruntled panasonic customer, but want to verify that you guys are using a passive DVI > HDMI adapter. Thanks for the thread, great info so far.
Sweet, it's got the voodoo 1024x768 resolution but if the price is right and it looks good then it's a deal. It also has the AR filter that I won't go without. It seems though that the X24 is some sort of costco special, as panasonic's website says "see dealer for pricing". I get a discount through work so I may call them to see if this model is eligible or if it is only sold through retail outlets. Thanks for throwing that alternative out there.
Huh, great feedback. Thanks. Now I really want to get the S2, as it's very similar to the G25. I just don't know if I should believe the reports of the DVI > HDMI not working.WooWee, ain't that some voodoo magic, displaying a 1280x720 image onto a 1024x768 screen that has a 16:9 physical dimension. hehe, no wonder it's cheap.
Yeah, I guess if I had to sum up my earlier statement regarding x768 TV's is that if I'm going to get a TV that has to scale to 720p (i.e. x768), I'd rather it be a x1080 TV. Also, I think the 1024x768(4:3) specs listed on samsungs website are probably a typo, but I wouldn't buy it without first verifying. ( - http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN42C450B1DXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec - ) Still looking for someone with a...
bump I too am in the same market. Have you made a purchase yet? Regarding the DVI > HDMI issue, from what I understood they were the same technology, making this an interesting issue. Does anyone here have a P42S2 and can comment on DVI > HDMI? If it doesn't work could it be an HDCP issue, like maybe the signal from the PC is not HDCP compliant? If that is the case I wonder if it would work with a PC that is HDCP compliant.... Any experience/expertise on the issue is...