or Connect

Posts by lanbladez

I have a couple of questions for EQing of a 9 cubic foot Maelstrom x 18 with 2 PR 18s using a DCX2496 and REW with SPL meter. I have the subwoofer tuned to 16 hz. First of all what boost should I use for the input from my Onkyo NR808 to DCX2496 which goes to EP4000? Second to go below 20 hz on the DCX2496, I set the high pass filter to 20 hz, But 24, then i apply a parametric eq of +4db, 20 hz, q=1.5. Following that I apply a low shelf filter at around 25 hz, But 12,...
No I had the same problem, everything worked fine but once it appeared it kept happening over and over. I returned the unit and waiting for the NR808 to come in hopefully it will not have it. I think they need to issue an update for this problem, and the flaky ethernet, sent an email to Onkyo stating the same thing.
Is anyone experiencing the problems of the NR708 with the NR808 which is, either when switching channels or just turning on the receiver, audio does not appear while video is fine, this happens randomly. You have to manually unplug the receiver power cord to get sound back. Anyone experience a problem like this?
I have run into the same issue, either when switching channels or just turning on the receiver, audio does not appear while video is fine, this happens randomly. I have to manually unplug the receiver power cord to get sound back, I have no idea if the receiver is faulty?
Thanks, I will go with the DCX2496.
I am building my first Maelstrom 18, currently have no sub. I also have a pair of VM30s, CS2, and two Monitor 50s. My receiver is an onkyo 708, and my amplifier for the Maelstrom 18 is an EP4000. I plan to build a 9 cubic foot box, tuned to 15hz. In the future I may build another 18 subwoofer, and two will probably be plenty, currently only looking at having one for a while. All this will be mainly for HT watching. Out of the DEQ2496 and the DCX2496 which one would be a...
I do not want to bother with a ported design since it will require huge ports and more work to make it, plus the passive will look better.
What kind of build would be recommended for around a 8 ft^3 or higher build with a Maelstrom x-18, a sealed sub build or a 2 PR 18 build? Which would go down lower and offer the best bang for the buck?
Is the 708 having any problems up-converting to 1080p signal like 608 which was up-converting 8 bit to 10 bit?
As far as the connections go, from the VSX-1020-K receiver an rca connections goes to the 1/4 jack via female RCA to 1/4 jack converter on the MIC2200. Then from the MIC2200 you have XLR connection to XLR on the EP4000, the EP4000 has a 12 gauge speaker wire connected to the bridged mono speaker connectors that goes to the Maelstrom 18 inch sub. Are these connections right and is that the best connection between receiver and MIC2200?