or Connect

Posts by 16x9rochester

Why, and how?The same reason they can't provide you with all the other programming you just listed without going through a cable or satellite company. They don't "directly" provide you with any of those networks. And, all of those networks are different animals....they are 24 drama or comedy, with no local connections, or 24 hour news (that uses the local stations you are complaining about).Yes, of course you do. You want to these channels to do EXACTLY what the other...
Your logic actually implies that NO tv channel is as important, and has nothing to do with locals, because you can also see other cable networks shows on the internet as well. That simply means TV itself is less important, and has nothing to do with the local/network relationship....a completely different topic. Hulu and others have no local content at all. Cable cash cow? (cue the broken record sound...) ESPN (and others) gets money BOTH from advertising and from...
Ah, yes, the hit and run back handed comment. As if no one knows what you mean. First, you continue to confuse my lack of blind support of TW as being "very pro-sinclair". I've clearly said over and over and over, that its business, both sides want what they want, it should be interesting, and Sinclair is within its rights to want something just like TW is. But YOU SAY: "Blame Sinclair",, and that Sinclairs actions are "insanity", yet I'm the one with a bias. You toss...
Because those are the companies that the networks chose to deliver their content. Take it up with them.You still don't get it. An affiliate of CBS IS CBS. They work together as a network. the middle man is the cable or satellite company....they are literally in the middle of you and the broadcaster. The broadcaster sends their signal DIRECTLY to you....YOU CHOOSE the middleman. Apparently the wrong one. They only make things more difficult for TW, not you.Sure,...
Just because you don't see an antenna doesnt mean it doesn't exist, especially in the greater metro area. My two antenas are both completly invisible to those driving by because they dont' require line of sight like satellite. I have a set of rabbite ears tucked away in a corner, and another 25 buck antenna in the attic that pulls both rochester and buffalo at the same time.No. But this is not the same subject that Steve Mehs was talking about. He, and I, were talking...
Yes, that's what's been discussed for while, but, their web site says different, so that seems interesting. Really? Even if the affiliate gets pulled? How do they get away with that?Well, sounds like you live in a "grey" area and you slipped through the cracks on that one. This would be the end of all local stations in all but the largest markets and probably signifacantly change the major networks who have a sort-of symbiotic relationship with their affiliates. Why do...
Not according to their web site...it says they are simply importing out of market affiliates. And even if there is some agreement with Fox, this doesn't explain how they are importing stations, even if they are Fox O&O's, without violating the FCC's rules. Utica is/was getting something from Wilkesbarre, certainly not a Fox O&O, so there's no agreement with Fox there. Regarding the high fees, getting tough, reigning it in, etc, why are they only extorting TW and not most...
Quote: Originally Posted by MPNASCAR24 I was just on rolloverorgettough.com & i noticed they updated their Survival Guide so it says this on the top of the Page. If the Sinclair Broadcasting Group chooses to black out its local stations from the Time Warner Cable lineup, don't worry - we have made arrangements to bring you the same network programming for the 'Big 4' networks (ABC, CBS, Fox or NBC) by temporarily offering you a broadcast station from...
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2...its-21year-low "wired-cable penetration represented 60.7% of households in November 2010, down from 61.7% in November 2009. The only time it had been lower was in November 1989 when wired-cable penetration was at 59.7%."
I don't think the physical part has anything to do with it. The problem is the minimum sale to any spedific customer, regardless if the goods are real or virtual. In order to offer the most products at the least overall price, you are forced to bundle all of them together and offer them all together to all customers at a minimum price, which garantees all of them get enough sales to make it worth while. If you start going ala carte per product, some specific products...