or Connect

Posts by 16x9rochester

Sure, I'm sure they will do that, but that's not what I was talking about when you jumped in. WHY? Why can every other channel on cable that gives cable it's value expect to be compensated for providing it to cable that then offers it as part of it's service, but a small group of channels can't do this exact same thing? Just because they also happen to operate a transmitter? Because they give away the content via one methond, all other methods (cable, sat dist) must also...
When you say "all channels", do you mean on WUHF as well? Because that would be a clear infringement upon their programming. Or do you mean they are running ads as cable inserts on the "cable" channels where they would normally have local cable ads anyway. And, those are TW ads, not Fox ads, or ads for any other channels shows. That's no different than the ads WUHF is running on it's channel about TW. But that's not what you or I was refering to. A "general basis"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Racerbob The American Idol fans won't forget that their show is on. I applaud Fox Network for getting involved. This throws a monkey wrench into the whole deal. Sinclair has lost some leverage here since Fox wants their shows to be shown. Yes, American Idol is one thing, a new show or a lesser known or rated show is another. New shows get viewers because they either had a great lead in, and people just kept watching...
To each his own, but obviously someone cares or they wouldn't have any advertisers throughout the rest of the day. I honestly don't know what is on 31 for most of the day, but I do know they have big syndications like Seinfeld, Simpsons, Friends etc, which still get a decent amount of viewers. There was a time when Simpsons at 6pm rated higher than one of the 3 news stations in town. But as you point out, Fox is the big factor, and Fox selling out their own affiliate...
Quote: Originally Posted by larrude This would be a real plus for me - WUHF brings nothing to the table that is worthwhile to me other than the FOX programming. FOX programing direct would be great - and the fact that I wouldn't have to hear Billy Fuccillo and Caroline during the House commercial breaks would be just fantastic! What makes you think you won't see local commercials like Fuccillo? There would still be local breaks. You think TW...
Quote: Originally Posted by davehancock This may be a last minute negotiating ploy but according to TVNewsCheck. If this comes to pass, TW will be bringing Fox programming direct from Fox - no WUHF news, no (Huge, Rochester) Billy. Actually it would be a lot more than WUHF news (one hour per day), it would also be the other 21 hours per day that WUHF fills with non-Fox programing. I'm surprised FOX would sell out it's own affiliates and try...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim9710 They can be viewed with C-band satellite equipment. -Tim Ah, so you've got a C-band dish. Thanks.
Tim, just curious how you've seen the network feeds.
Yep, but it depends on what you are watching. Engineers there told me they are roughly 65/35 on the allocation of bits between 13/CW. They don't send seperate feeds to TW like WXXI does. TW gets the same mux that hits the transmitter, more or less. They also told me that TW can potentially degrade their signal so that it doesn't hold up as well as OTA....just depends on the process...but it is possible. Apparently their logic was to get their highly rated CW news from...
TV services are going up, but internet? My cable modem service has only increased once in the 12 years I've had it. Most internet, whether phone, DSL, cable, etc seems to be holding, or going down. Virgin Mobile now offers a $40 mifi service, lower than the competition. But if I was forced to choose....TV goes bye bye. Can still watch OTA, and get other stuff on the web. Cant live without communications and everything the web gives....but can certainly live...