or Connect

Posts by dr.keith

Hi Gang - Just wanted to chime in with my $0.02. I'm using a D8000, and I've plugged in all three sets of the calibration numbers posted by Joe, above, along with the 'averages' (just for good measure.) Without question, Cue's settings provide the best picture for me. I'm not using any equipment to verify the accuracy of the settings on my display, but I did work in film for a very long time and so am *very* well acquainted with the way that a few of the films in my...
Hi Scarabeus - I suspect you're exactly right. So far as I can tell, I'm the only person using the Samsung Plasma, and I'm getting the 2 channel PCM only, whereas persons using other components (even Samsung LCDs) with ARC are getting full DD 5.1 via ARC. And it just about has to be the display at fault, as I've now used two different ARC compatible receivers, with the problems showing up on both of them. Unfortunately, there are no settings on the TV that will allow...
Hi folks - thanks for all of your good answers. JacknSC, question for you: when you say that the audio return channel is working just fine, can you confirm a) that you have a Dolby Digital source other than an over the air broadcast feeding into your display and b) that this source (say, a Blu-Ray player or Apple TV or such) is returning full DD 5.1 (or something like that) to your receiver? By the way, I should mention that my display is actually a Samsung PN58C8000 -...
Hi folks - Before anything else, I want to thank you for the years and years of great advice I've gotten from all of you here. I've lurked for a very long time but never posted until today, as I need help with an Audio Return Channel issue - but before I post, seriously, thanks to all of you for maintaining such a terrific forum. Essentially, here's the situation: I have a Samsung 58C8000 plasma display updated to the latest firmware. The ARC input of this...