or Connect

Posts by gamerk2

I've loved my UNC7000 since I got it, but have one odd problem that has me stumped: I'm using a DVI->HDMI connection from my PC to TV, with the resolution set to 1920x1080 (1080p), and for most everything, no problems. If, however, I start a game (tested on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Civilization V), the game loads in 1080i instead. I'm assuming its the TV, as PC's have more or less always used progressive scan mode. I'm just unsure why this is happening. I...
Quick question for everyone here; this is for my C7000, but is probably relevent to other models as well: First, some background: When I first got my set, I hooked up my PC via DVI->HDMI converter for video, and outputted sound through the the TV via connection to my ASUS Xonar D2. The first thing I attempted to do with the TV was to test display modes; specifically, DosBox (yep; new high-tech TV, and I went stright to 320x240 ) Before long, I noted a significant...
Its under the "Eco Settings" tab in the menu, assuming its the same layout as my C7000. Took me a while to figure out where that was myself...
I've been looking at this set, but when I compared a NX-700 against most any Samsung at my local best buy, there was CLEAR pixalation going on with the Sony set, where the Samsung, at least at a distance, looked to be mostly pixalation free. Not a scientific test, and I REALLY would have liked to see the new HX series personally; can anyone attest to how the picture looks on the HX-800?
I did; didn't get a reply.
Long story short: I'm looking for a TV/PC Moniter thats 32 inches, has a solid (
1. Budget: Any below $1500 [cheaper = better, but I'm not skimping on a set this time around] 2. Seating distance: Close/Medium 3. Size/placement limitations: None 4. Uses and sources: HDTV, PS3, PC Gaming 5. Room lighting: Dark Note: Due to my cablevision cable box only outputting a Dolby Digital signal when using HDMI, and the fact that my reciever [which has done nothing beside decode said signal] recently died due to overheating, I'd prefer a TV with built-in...
I've heard both can be an issue when Truemotion is enabled [which makes sense]; thats one of the things I've been waiting to hear on before getting this set...
(Big time lurker here; first actual post ) Well, I've been looking to upgrade for a while now, and this was one of the sets I was looking at. Can anyone attest to how well this TV performs when used as a PC moniter?