or Connect

Posts by DigitalVerse

Solved it! I had to do the one thing they say you should NOT do which is to unplug the SATA drive power while the system is running. When I did so I got a warning message saying basically "Don't do that". I turned off the DVR, waited 15 minutes, plugged the power plug back into the SATA drive. I turned on the DVR and got a message saying "This drive needs to be formatted for this DVR and will take approximately 2 minutes". Fantastic! I waited and after about 30...
I connected an Iomega 1Tb external SATA drive designed for DVRs to my SA 8300HD. When I reboot I get the following message: "An external hard drive has been detected and is ready for use. To Disconnect...wait 10 seconds..." However, the existing drive space is still at 97%. The DVR is not using the external drive. If I try to record it tells me that I need to delete some programs first. How do I get the DVR to use the external drive?! I rebooted several...
So Time Warner "upgraded" the DVR software recently and now my external SATA drive is not recognized. Anyone else have this issue? I only have a few HD shows recorded and the internal drive is already at 38%. With the SATA drive it would be at like 3%. I could record over 100 shows in HD with a 750 Gb external drive, and so I am missing out. Not only that but I am missing about 40 recordings since they are on the external drive. I have the Scientific Atlantic...