or Connect

Posts by fookoo_2010

[quote=Dreamliner;21179835]I hopped on that deal for the 4311 over the weekend. My current receiver is a 7.1 Denon AVR-3310CI with 7.1 speakers. My fronts can be bi-amp'd. As you can see from the pic below, my room is fairly wide. I'm trying to decide how to configure the room. I've always left my receiver on pure direct, as I've always thought the least amount of 'thinking' the receiver does, the better (more true) it sounds, I sit dead center. Will a wide or height...
Three Colors: quite a savings over Amazon. Too bad all of the Criterion BRs are not 50%off. Can't really complain, though. Just glad to get Three Colors at that price, even with sales tax. It just seems that BN.com makes finding Three Colors BR purposely difficult to find, certainly not equivalent to searching for something on Amazon.
You have a 4311, just use it to manage your two subs. If you aren't satisfied, then try the SMS-1 (whatever that is) or adjust the boost on the subs via the GUI's test tones (SW1+SW2).
It depends upon where those 6 or 8 positions are. Why not use 8 if possible? The mic positions are in a very narrow envelope, reflecting the actual seating positions. Look here which was previously posted by a kind soul:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okyNl...ayer_embedded#! It will save you a lot of time.
Assuming that you had a professional calibration (costs hundreds of $), the various dvd players, blu-ray or not, are then set to your high definition display (plasma, LCD, projector bulb) which is the item that is calibrated. So there are going to be differences, but whether or not they are major is another question (and most likely they will not be major) and those players should be set accordingly and not left on factory default. Otherwise, you are not getting the full...
I did see the film at one of the better theaters in Los Angeles and finally got around to watching the BR. My memory must be foggy because I got the feeling that the BR was different from the actual film, meaning that it had been edited. Although the film has the same running time, does anyone know if the two versions are exactly the same? I had the feeling that the film came over better on BR than at the theater, but that could have been because I had seen it...
If you can trust your ears, then that's all that counts, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks. It is not up to you to have to prove it to anyone else, assuming that you are satisfied with the result. Because audio has no absolute reference, it is next to impossible to know what is accurate and what isn't from a recording unless one were actually present during that recording. Hence, it comes down to preference or another way of putting it is that you pick and...
You can go either way, but assuming that you have a home theater system with external speakers, then using the AVR is a huge advantage and then it just plugs into one of the TV's HDMI inputs. With the AVR you can choose your audio preference while the TV is not likely to give the user that flexibility. In most home theater systems, everything would pass through the AVR and from there into the TV's HDMI input. Whatever passes through the AVR can then be manipulated by...
So the bottom line is that you aren't willing to run two strands of speaker wire to see if there is a difference and prefer to spend $300 on a new amp? Are you afraid to use your own ears? Audio is highly subjective. Yes, stuff can be measured, but because there is no absolute reference, it comes down to a matter of preference (what you like to hear or think sounds best). That is all that matters until someone points out some deficiency that maybe amenable to tweaking.
Somewhere in the instructions prior to calibration you are suppose to turn that kind of stuff off, because it will create background noise that Audyssey will take into account. Logically, it is preferable to run a calibration during night time during which there is less likelihood of background noise from somewhere like the street. Of course, if you have a well sound proofed room then run the calibration whenever you like.