or Connect

Posts by PE06MCG

Thanks Joel,My problem is of course the native 9K+ CT.the 6 point White Balance adjustments for RG and B within the SM need massive blue reduction but are relatively easy to perform. However I am left with large gamma fluctuations particularly at the 70% to 95% White points. Unfortunately getting 100% white RGB balance correct affects gamma at these lower points..Hence my query about leaving it to be resolved externally by the eeCB / Calman combination.Certainly via my...
Thanks Mike,That sets a minimum but is there a maximum? By that I mean can I overdo the use of my TV's controls leaving Calman restricted in its options to calibrate accurately at all or certain points within its effective range?
Hi Joel, Regarding specifically Calman using an eeCB, my Sharp is 'out of the box' unable to achieve a CT of less than 9K+. Previously I have only corrected my TV for brightness, contrast and backlight relying on your software to do all other adjustments via Autocalibration. How important to your software would an accurate grayscale for RGB balance and gamma using TV controls be? Perhaps the TV controls are better left at their best native state?. In other words are...
Thanks Joel,Certainly I do not get any problems at the moment with 3D LUT calibration via eeCB so I was worried that DLC may force the software to pay more attention to what is a Panel problem with not only loss of time but other more serious problems.For instance if I try to Autocalibrate at 100% saturation values via my Duo the software inevitably gets lost trying to get particularly Red correct. Time is lost and it usually abandons the process with Red finishing up a...
Hi Joel,Just wondering about the problem I currently experience with my Sharp.The Panel is simply incapable of hitting full saturation for Red and Blue. Because of this Panel fault hopefully DLC will recognise the difference between linearity and a Panel charactoristic?
Luckily I normally calibrate via an external VP (a Duo) which does a fabulous job irrespective of software used in adjusting CT, Grayscale, Gamma and Colour.The PQ is great despite the Panels inability to fully saturate both Red and Blue so via the Duo I calibrate at 75 or 80% saturation patterns.The reason to delve into the Panel's SM was to hopefully overcome the inability of the Panel to fully saturate its Red and Blue primaries but the Panels totally incapable of this...
Not sure if your Sharp has same characteristics as mine which is a UK model LC 60 LE 651K but if you use 'user' mode all it does is go to the settings your last last actual mode used (contrast, brightness, backlight, TV features etc)..So the choice is between the 3 other modes with a further 3 Colour Temperature options with each mode..However, I am far from impressed by its out of the box CT irrespective of which mode I choose.Minimum is 9K + up to an unbelievable...
Thanks for reply,So its not an advantage just an option.Forgive my lack of understanding but for me it would be a wiring nightmare to take the eeCB out of circuit just to have an option to do so then rewire it back to inclusion in the chain..
Thanks for replies Mike and Buzz, I am not trying to devalue either LS or Calman merely trying to ascertain why calibrating without eeCB in the circuit can be valuable. I know LS splits the process and can then manipulate the profile easily but why would anyone want to use LS without eeCB in circuit if its use is necessary for normal Display viewing ?
Thanks Mike,I am talking about the possibility that an eeCB in circuit may or may not have an influence on the accuracy of a profile.Buzz responded to my assertion that it needed to be included in the chain because to take it out of the chain was irrational.by agreeing but only for Calman.My contention is that if an eeCB is included in any subsequent chain the original profile should be made with the eeCB in circuit irrespective of whether it is Calman or LS..I have...