or Connect

Posts by ELiteGamer83

I am shopping for a decent sub to complete my shelf-stereo system that I am currently using as my PC speakers. I only have about $150 for the sub. I am looking at two different brands/models. The Definitive Technology ProSub 60 8-Inch and the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch. The dilemma is that, the Definitive sub only has an 8" driver, but good 150W amp. The Polk has a 10-inch driver but only a 50W amp. I realize that Definitive makes a bit higher-end speakers, so I am...
Well I can't figure out how to get the faceplate off without damaging anything. To remove the cover on mine, that must also come off to get to the rest of the screws. I have a feeling this won't be an easy fix though. I'm no electrical engineer. What do you think the cost estimate to fix this would be? Like I said it's a short-out from the center channel speaker.
I have the Onkyo TX-DS939 Receiver and the other day I was trying to hook up my PS3 to our TV, so I was fiddling around behind the entertainment center. One of the ends of the center channel speaker was a bit frayed and when I was moving things around it touched the other terminal of the speaker; i.e. causing a short. The unit was powered on at the time, but it wasn't playing anything. Now of course all the displays shows is "Protect" and shuts off. I tried resetting...
I'm shopping for a new Monitor, the primary uses will be graphics editing (non-profit work, just personal projects) Sketching etc. No gaming, surfing the internet, and programming. I really don't have a whole lot to spend on a monitor. The budget was $210, then it climbed to $220 when I saw the ASUS. It must have VESA mounts. I don't care about HDMI, it's take it or leave it. Which monitor do you think would be a better choice? ASUS VE248H:...
Yeah I just have to decide if I want to dish out the $300 for the Onkyo and sub if the Sony setup would work almost or just as well. I actually own an old pair of Definitive Tech satellite speakers that I'm not using. But I fully understand that the phrase "you get what you pay for" is implied here. I actually wanted something as a stand-alone from my PC that can also play CD's (yeah I still use CD's) because all my iPod music are Mp3's while the CD's are a lossless...
At what point do you think they would bottom-out? The Sony has a max volume of 30 whatever that means by how much voltage is being pumped. Do you think they would start to become overwhelmed at about 25? Do you think this Onkyo CS-325 would be a better Micro Shelf System? Link:http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-CS-325-C...9166886&sr=1-1 It has a Subwoofer Pre-Out so it'd be easier to hookup. But of course that plus the Sub would top out at about $300. It also doesn't have an...
Is that a bad thing if the Sub doesn't have one? Here is the stereo, Just remove the space between the SonyStyle. com sonystyle. com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665369446#specifications
Well you know how regular Shelf Stereo's, you plug the L and R speakers into the main unit via stripped wires? what I meant was, if I ran regular speakers cable (+ and -) from the CD Player out to the sub's IN source. Could I then plug the L and R speakers into the Sub's out?
sonystyle. com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665369446 If I bought the Sony CMT-BX20i, with the Polk Audio PSW10 Subwoofer, could I run the speaker out into the Sub's IN and the stereo left and right into the Sub's OUT? or would I need a pre-amp? From what I'm reading about the Polk Sub, is since there's no LFE socket is this the way you're supposed to hook it up? I was originally going to...