or Connect

Posts by frankcastle1975

You are THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought last night I had enabled 3d on the g card but when I looked again today it was not checked. I forgot to click apply before closing. No ghosting with the RS45/Youniversal glasses/stock emitter/Powerdvd 13/Nvidea 660 ti so far with this movie.
Thank you for your reply. I am also using a Marantz av7005 and reading the description at the Marantz website it says that the hdmi is 1.4a and 3d ready (just pointing ths out as I was concerned about this as when I purchased it, it was long before 3d was common and not a focus for me at the time). I also ran a program by powerdvd that check cpu, ram and a number of other features of the pc to ensure that I can play 3d blu ray. I will go and double checkc the NVidia...
I have a HTPC with a Nvidia 660 Ti graphics card, JCV RS45 and Powerdvd13. I set up the graphics card to do 3d (did the left eye right eye teset). I started the movie and clicked on enable 3d. On the pj the pic doesn't look distorted like I would expect with glasses. It's only if I play with the paralax that I get a double image and with glasses on it unifies it. So this tells me that the glasses and IR emitter is working. The disc is labelled blu ray 3d What am I...
Thanks! I'll get to reading 4000+k posts and hopefully find the answer to "what is the difference between two equally sized options that both look to be the movie?" I admit in my excitement I did add a lot of extraneous info but that's what happens when you are working on a project that none of your friends could care less about.
Okay followed Assassin HTPCs blog and used makemkv to rip my blu rays to my PC. But what I'm noticing is that on many of the discs (e.g. Batman Begins) there is more than on 22.1 GB (for example) set of files that represents the movie. Is there a difference between the versions? They have the same size and audio and subtitle options so I can't seem to discern any difference. I think the disc may have had as many as three versions to choose from two that had 40 chapters...
Well my wife and I decided to wall mount our 40" Phillips 240 hz LCD tv to create more space at the foot of the bed. What are some brands that you guys might recommend? Criteria -on the cheaper side of things -plan on pairing with entry level sub, receiver and rear speakers (which don't have to be flat). Thinking I might use a receiver like this http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/146589-Pioneer-VSX-523 Sub and rear to be determined as well TV is...
Hmmm okay home theatre has a i5 3570k, 8 GB RAM, 180 GB SSD, 2 TB green HD, GeForce 660 Ti, 16x BR drive, Silverstone GDO6, Gigabyte MVP mobo, 400W PSU, GeLid Slim CPU cooler. Bedroom has same as above minus the 660 Ti and CPU cooler. Considering a NUC for the third TV. I'm leaning more and more towards just getting rid of paying for cable TV. Was going to start a new thread but found this one. So..... A few questions 1) Anyone looked at this...
Are we allowed to write a review on Powerdvd 13 and an HTPC build? Otherwise my old Panasonic and PS3 probably don't qualify as being relevant to anyone.
Valid point and funny! I just didn't want to be the first guy to make "that" post. lol
Hmmm sounds like I should be okay. Not sure if I will evere put 15 HDD in the case anyways as 1) the expense 2) there will be changes in capacity and price In all likelihood I'd be looking to set up a flexraid system with 7 to 10 hard drives worth of space. But with my very rudimentary understanding of flexraid I can add extra drives as the system grows so due to budget I'd probably start the build with 4x 3TB drives to start. Thanks for all the input!