or Connect

Posts by Gonadman2

Erich was able to point me the direction of Reship.com which seem to be pretty reliable for freight forwarding. I used free shipping from Parts express as well to ship to Reship.com, and they apparently combine the items and forward to Australia so it should help minimize postage.Its a finger jointed pine, I was a little unsure going with the pine timber, but apparently the finger jointing is more stable than the regular planks and was nice and straight. Should give a nice...
My Fiance and I are getting married in March of next year, and rather than pour funds into hiring speakers and PA gear, I figured that we would be better served building some of my own, and then installing them into our theatre. I have been researching a custom build using Esotar tweeters and waveguides for the past couple of years, but unfortunately was not able to achieve the efficiency I was targetting. Instead I've opted for the tried and true TD12M/SEOS/DNA360 route,...
I posted over on Stereonet and AE forums but I don't seem to have got a whole lot of responses... I have 3 Esotar tweeters to run across the front stage of my theatre. These tweeters are rated at 93db efficiency and are 6 ohm. I performed some directivity tests and as you can see, the WG is much more controlled down to just above 2khz. Initially I was recommended the TD6M, but given that the -20db line is almost exactly 93db, I'm reluctant to push for a 94db...
Thanks for the reply Delacroix. Based on your recommendations, I am going to test an i3-3220T on a little gigabyte itx mobo today. Just waiting to windows to finish the installation. Will post back with some results later. Hopefully its positive, otherwise I will have to look into the PSU.
I seem to be suffering from the noise issue again, and it is definitely being caused by the motherboard/CPU. Current setup: CPU: AMD Athlon x2 270 Motherboard: Asrock 990FX Extreme4 RAM: 4gb Geil SSD: 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 When I originally had a Sempron single core CPU in there, there was no noise, and since upgrading the x2 270 I get a fair bit of noise at the listening position. I'd happily go back to the Sempron but it is not powerful enough to play Bluray's or other...
You're thinking it about it wrong. Speakers create soundwaves that move away from a speaker in spheroid space, becoming increasingly on axis as frequencies rise. To offset this, the speaker diameter is reduced. Mounting a speaker in a roof is almost Infinite baffle, so bass frequencies will emanate in a half spheroid space. Given that you have a nice small tweeter, these frequencies should also play into a half spheroid space as well. The problem with mounting speakers...
Time Alignment. I can find anywhere to adjust it.
Hey guys, finally got this one licked. After having it pointed out to me by NorCalJason the answer was pretty simple. Turns out it was the motherboard causing the noise, it must be faulty in some way. It still works perfectly and is now resigned to server duties and I have installed a spare AMD Sempron CPU and Mobo in the theatre. Now it is completely noise free and sounds fantastic. I'm curious as to how people adjust TA on these cards? Also, is it possible to have a...
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll let you know how I go tonight. The crackling/buzzing/whining is definitely audible at the listening position still, when everything is quiet which is quite a shame. I agree with the ground loop sentiment, usually a problem in car audio circles. I have a Ground loop isolator so I'll put that in the circuit and see if it is removed. WRT to removing the GPU, my mobo doesn't have an integrated GPU, so I'm not sure what I'd be trying to...
My HTPC specs as follows: Asus P5Q Deluxe Q9450 Team Extreme 1066Mhz DDR2 Ram HD6450 (I think its HIS or Powercolor) Corsair CX430 PSU Lian Li PC-A05 Case OCZ Vertex 2 60gb I can take a picture tonight, but the Meridian is sandwiched between the CPU area and the GPU from memory. When I had my Asus Xonar DX in there it was also very noisey. Thanks guys.