or Connect

Posts by pman555

I used defraggler and it said I had 4 fragmented files that were a total of 56.5GB for 7% fragmentation.It also says I have a 3.57 MB/s Random Read Speed. Is that good?EDIT: SORRY GUYS, FALSE ALARM. I JUST REALIZED THE WRONG AUDIO OUTPUT WAS SELECTED IN XBMC AND FOR SOME REASON IT WAS STUTTERING EVERYTHING. ONCE THE CORRECT AUDIO OUTPUT WAS SELECTED, EVERYTHING PLAYS LIKE BUTTER. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
I defragmented the drive right before I installed the new SSD, but it couldn't hurt to try again tonight.
Hey all, I recently installed Windows 7 fresh on a new SSD and deleted the old OS partition on my 2TB HDD. Now, the HDD is just being used for media storage. At first, I noticed that copying large files to the HDD took longer than I remembered, but I figured I was just being paranoid. Now, I'm trying to play 1080p video from the HDD and its lagging and stuttering like I've never seen before. I know nothing is wrong with the files because they worked just fine before I...
Thanks dude.
One last thing! (hopefully)See the picture, here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19272658/Photo%20Jan%2030%2C%2010%2028%2020%20PM.jpgThe C drive is my new SSD.The F drive is my old OS partition, and the G Drive is my media partition.For some reason, it seems like Windows didnt create a "system reserved" partition on my SSD. Is that a bad thing? Can I simply erase the system reserved partition from the HDD when i erase the F drive?The OS was running perfectly fine on the C...
I figured. Thanks for your advice.
Thanks for following up!Of course I had luck doing it the RIGHT way! Everything installed smoothly so far. I didn't have a ton of time to work on it last night, but i did get Win7 running on the SSD and I updated all the mobo related drivers and all of the Windows Updates.I've definitely noticed a huge jump in the speed Windows loads after a reboot.I have yet to plug my old HDD back in, though. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that tonight.I should just be able to plug...
I've got a Gigabyte Z68MA mobo. I built the HTPC at the end of 2011, so I'm probably better off DLing the drivers from the website. You do make a great point about DLing the drivers on a USB first to have them ready to install later. The reason I'm reinstalling is because I want to move my OS from my HDD to my new SSD for more speed and to make room on the HDD.
Thanks man. I usually use the "hard way" too when installing mobo drivers.I believe my BIOS is already set to AHCI, which is good.Regarding copying user folders. Have you heard any feedback on using this method? http://communities.quest.com/community/quest-itexpert/blog/2012/09/21/the-guide-to-migrating-windows-user-files-amp-settingsLooks like Windows has a utility that does it automatically for you and you can easily transfer via USB drive.
Thanks, but I never actually got to the part where Windows could image the backup onto the SSD. I always got error messages when trying to do that.