or Connect

Posts by Curt_Trinnov

Here you go... 
 The most important aspect to understand is that Trinnov Remapping is not an EQ method, but rather a patented method implemented to reproduce the original, intended spatial image- to accurately reproduce the localization of sounds in our listening environment.  May I suggest you start with a description of Trinnov Remapping, which can be found here: http://www.trinnov.com/technologies/loudspeaker-room-optimization/remapping/ Essentially, remapping is a "mathematical...
 Summarizing: 1.     1. Got 0 deg for center.  Don’t move mic.2.     2. Introduced MiniDSP in loop > then got 6 deg for center- wondering why?3.     3. Add step of going back to bypassing MiniDSP to see if result goes back to 0 deg I can suggest if it happens again that you add the additional step (3) of repeating again without MiniDSP, to see if it goes back to the original result.  We don’t expect to see a random error of 6 deg, it’s too big. We also would not...
As the Altitude is coming out later in the year, currently customer preferences are being considered vs R&D/implementation costs.  It is too early to say what codecs will be in the Altitude just yet.  As we know, codecs cover both decoding (MP3, DD HD, to emerging 3D decoding) and up mixing (PL2, PL2x, NEOx, etc).  Each comes with benefit and cost.  Some are redundant- as Trinnov has pointed out, and others will be desired for their uniqueness.     Favorite codecs- which...
On the bright side- the mic has amazing accuracy for localizing loudspeakers, given it's just molded plastic, with adjustments that show reputability within 0.5 degrees.  The mentioned fluid head makes adjusting for level fairly easy.  Then it becomes a matter of finesse to be able to rotate the mic a degree or so.  I ran a cal this weekend and made an adjustment that resulted in a 0.25 degree rotation when I needed 1.5 deg.  With the right tool and a little time, one can...
The Altitude is being introduced to let folks know Trinnov has an HDMI based processor coming in the September-October time frame.   It will be based on Trinnov's current modularity, adding HDMI and codecs.  There is quite a lot happening in the 3D audio area, so it's an exciting time to be launching in the market.  The ISE introduction will provide Trinnov with lots of feedback.  A great time to get thoughts here as well.   What is on your wish list for a Trinnov HDMI...
 The 7.1 analog in on the R972 is analog bypass.  Trinnov processing is only available on stereo analog in.  During development of the R972, we wanted the converters there to make 7.1 analog Trinnov possible. Along other enhancements, they were not implemented due to resource constraints.  Cheers,
What about the earliest reflections:  let's not overlook those, as they are equally important.  Early reflection correction at mid to very high frequencies can be achieved over a broad listening area, providing improved clarity. Cheers,
 Sorry, I really don't understand this comment.  If a filter is used to drop 10k some amount, that change would be apparent anywhere there is 10k propagation in the room from said loudspeaker.   Could you be referring to the often assumed theory that the intended correction of 10k only works to improve the overall response (by adjusting 10k) "at a small location in space," due to the small wavelength?   If so, I don't agree with this principal in such general terms.  The...