or Connect

Posts by Curt_Trinnov

The following is a discussion regarding the benefits of loudspeaker correction with respect to spatiality- where it helps and where a different kind of correction is needed. Spatial Detail The highest spatial detail comes from a point source- like one loudspeaker. The amount of reproduced spatial resolution will be how big the image appears. Often we see speakers placed away from walls- that would cause early reflections and reduce spatial detail. Most spatial...
There is truth in this, it's why the best compensation systems have FIR filters, but it's more complicated than it may appear on the surface. FIR filters are relatively easy to design, with IIR being more difficult to do very well. The best systems we see use a combination of both. Question- at what filter resolution??Pete, thank you for bringing up the subject of spatial correction, because if is often misunderstood and this is an area where anyone who wants better...
Jeff, that is great offer- have a listen for yourself. Regarding the extra conversion steps- with the compressed formats, we were giving up so much to begin with that an extra step of a/d/a really mattered. Of course, the extra a/d/a does matter, but less so with the lossless formats. We have several hi resolution installs with the a/d/a insert loss, and getting things right is critical. With d/d you don't have to concern yourself with gain structure (level matching),...
Only when considering Compensation may the various EQ units be compared. Trinnov is unique as the sole provider of Spatial Correction, which is the real game changer here. Like EQ correction, Trinnov's Spatial Correction is based on your room specific layout and it has a dramatic impact on your listening experience. You'll find other AVS threads where users of Trinnov Spatial Correction describe their experiences. Cheers,
Yes, absolutely, as the ADA TEQs are based on both Trinnov hardware and software. The difference is channel count. The TEQ has a maximum of 12 channels, the ADA Cinema Reference (Processor with built in TEQ w digital interface) has a current maximum of 16 channels, with future expansion capabilities. ADA provides both RCA unbalanced and XLR balanced I/O. Because of space limitations in the Trinnov two rack unit hi multichannel chassis, Trinnov uses DB25 for all I/O...
The significant difference between the correction systems lies in (4) areas: 1) The computation engine- how and what is examined in the collected data to derive the correction filter. Trinnov utilizes our knowledge gained from our work with 3d acoustic fields in a multistep computation process. Ours are quite thorough. The computations for a 7.1 system in typical DSP (TI DA-710), take about 20 minutes to complete. In our PC based systems, a few minutes. Higher channel...
In my call to Sherwood today, it was stated the: -CORRECT MICOM VER is 1.47. Version 1.48 will result in potentially loud pops. -CORRECT HDMI version is 1.11.
Hi All: Good news regarding the bass files that will save you some time and effort. Jeff sent me a PM, recalling that no new cal is required after doing a USB upload of a bass curve. I went back to my release notes (11/29/09) when I first provided the curves to Sherwood. USB curves change the relative bass level (not correction) in run time, thereby not requiring a re-cal after update. The USB curve then is equally applied to all 3 POSITIONS. To those who have been...
I've been in contact with Sherwood. Indeed, Jin is no longer there, his last day was Friday, March 30. Do send support requests to support@sherwoodamerica.com. I previously inquired at Sherwood regarding 230V. There are no transformer taps for 230V, as all units were made for USA market. Also, please note, there is no PAL (video system) support. Cheers,
Just had a look: Setup > System>Monitor. Select Display Connection Type. For Composite/SVideo, select "scvid"