or Connect

Posts by SleeStack1

The BB I bought my TV at did a second PA thanks to the new Paul's TV price drop on the P50GT50. BB does vary from store to store though. I went to my local BB first to do it and they just said they don't PM online and wouldn't help, even after I showed them the first PA that the other BB did. They bleated...'well it depends on store discretion'. Anyway, I started with a PM to Adorama at $1099 when I bought it on 12/12. One PA to Paul's at $1049 on 12/29. Now the...
Refurb is always a gamble. Frankly, I've gotten more headaches than good deals with refurbs over the years.
Also use Paul's TV for PM ammo. I've done (2) PAs at BB using Paul's price drops on the GT50.
I used to like URC until they locked end consumers out. They had really strong macro capability and quick 'tweakability'. I can program any remote to control any amount of gear in any way I want. I suspect a significant slice of the HT enthusiast population can do the same. Afterall its a remote...not an HTPC. And i've had an HTPC since before they called them HTPCs. Thats why its infuriating for manufacturers to try to slave end consumers to a 'custom' installer...
I'd buy the right TV size for your room. And only YOU can really determine what 'right' is. Get TOO big a TV and you'll find your eyes scanning back and forth across the screen more than you are really comfortable with. Buy too small and you lose the immersion. At 60->65 though, the difference in % screen real estate is pretty small.
I recently purchased a Decco2. There is a minute amount of play in the volume knob which ordinarily wouldn't bother me much. However, when turning volume down, the output level to the R speaker drops noticeably lower than the L. If I gently nudge the volume back up, the R speaker level returns to a balanced level with the L. I assume this is abnormal. I'm hestitant to go through the hassle of shipping the unit back for replacement. Is there anything I can do to...
The VPS210 is $350 at Vann's. The Rel T1 is how much? I see it costing $700. You have a ton of options at $500. What are your priorities? Finish? Max SPL? Max Extension? EQ? Size? Other features? Everyone has a different want list and unique constraints. I own a VPS210 and for $350 its a very nice sounding sub. It doesn't have the deepest extension so it won't shake things as effectively as some other makes/models, but it still offers plenty enough impact...
Vanns has an extra $50 off (through 12/31) the Discontinued Boston VPS210. $349 shipped. Amazon (via 6thAve) has the Klipsch SW-308 for $319 shipped. Sale might end at any time. Cheapest elsewhere online is just shy of $600.
I have a pair of RS334s. They have a modern, albeit 'common' look. I actually think the woofers 'look' cheesy. I hate the pointed dust caps. I can't help but be reminded of the bad Madonna bras of the 80s/90s. The RS334s do sound good though and the grilles hide the peculiar looking woofers just fine.
The Decco2 only has ~30Wpc into 8 ohms. This should, in general, be plenty adequate for 2.1 bookshelf applications (where the books are crossed) , small rooms, and/or with more-efficient-than-average speakers. I don't think I would use it as the lone amplification source in any other application myself. 91db is relatively efficient in my opinion so you just need to see if you are happy with the max SPL output and if you note any distortion. An outboard amp never...