or Connect

Posts by keager

Thanks FOH. I hope to hang on to them to use in an IB configuration some day. This possible project would just be "temporary".
Thanks thucker. No, I still have the clearwaves and love them, but unable to use them now. They are unofficially for sale. They are an incredible set.
Its not out of the question if I'm not able to come up with a good ported setup. The things are so dang heavy and hard to ship though.....
After some modeling in Winisd, it does appear port noise would be an issue. Was thinking a 24inch diameter sonotube about 6-7 ft tall. Maybe somebody more experienced with ports can advise me on what to look for in modeling to know when port noise could be heard.
Thanks for the tip. the amp situation isn't my concern at this point. Trying to figure out the box/cylinder to go ported and minimizing port chuffing. Maybe it won't be reasonable or practicle....
After an unexpected and unpleasant break from audio in general, I'm back into it, to some extent. I am going to be moving out of my house and into a rental in the relatively new future. The issue at hand and it breaks my heart, is that I must dismantle my 4 RE XXX 18's mounted in the under floor manifolds that I worked so hard on, and have enjoyed so much. But, onward to bigger and better things....I know these drivers are monsters and require huge boxes if going with...
Hi all. About to start my very first HTPC/ Gaming machine build. It will be in a foyer between my garage and living area, with my computer desk right on the other side of the wall. This part is simple I think, cut a hole through the wall and run necessary cable to the monitor etc at my computer desk. The part I'm not sure about it send audio and video to the other side of the house to use as a HTPC. In that location, I have a AVR and plasma TV. The receiver can...
thanks tony
Doing my first build. Probably going with i5 4670 and am torn between the gtx780 or dual gtx 770's sli. I have a huge case and need a recommendation for power supply and monitor. I have been looking at the high res 27 nch screen from Monoprice and wondering if anybody has used them. As far as power supplies, there are so many options and I don't even know where to start. noise shouldn't be an issue because it will be in an adjacent room. Thanks