or Connect

Posts by JCUMV

So the tech came out on Friday and replaced the panel. Amazing how good the picture looks on the new one. The pink banding had really taken over half the screen. Tech says it's 50/50 that the new one (probably a refurb) holds up. At least I have 18 months left on the extended warranty. I'll keep you guys posted.
So the tech came out on Friday. He took a look at the set and said, "yep, pink banding issue, you need a new panel.". He made a call, ordered one, handed me a receipt and said they would be calling in 5-7 days when the panel came in. He said my calibration setting would stay the same as they are on the mother board. I realize the setting are for my current panel, but I would have to think those are better than nothing. The tech wasnt even at my house 10 mins and he was...
Opus, it's your last sentence that has me worried. Will BB consider what the price would be for the TV now in 2013, or when it was new in 2010? If it's the latter, then I'm still probably behind the F8500 by about $500. And I'd happily pay that to get that display. I think the "right" thing to do for someone under warranty is to replace it with the equivilant flagship PDP that is currently out (the F8500). But what I'm afraid will happen is that they'll say, "well...
Hello all, I've made a few posts above, including the one with the pic, saying I have the pink banding issue too. So as it turns out, I bought the extended warranty from BB when I purchased the set back in 2010. I'm covered unti Nov 2014. So I called BB today to get the ball rolling on the same "process" that many of you here have embarked on. A Samsung tech repair man (So Cal Tech) is scheduled to come out this Friday for a look. Given everything I've been reading...
I posted the pic a few posts up, so I have a set that does have the pink banding. But I have to say you see about 3% of the time. As others have said, you only see it against a white background and you just don't have that very often. The PQ of this panel is awesome, especially if you get it calibrated. Truth is, all the mfr's have some sort of quirk and if you read enough on this Forum you'll find fault with all them and never pull the trigger on anything. For $630...
Well you can add me to thte Red Rash, Pink Banding club too. 58" C8000 here, purchased on Black Friday of 2010. This started with me about 2 months ago. Getting progressively worse, but at least it's only showing when the screen has a white background (just like most of you). In reading the posts on this thread, it doesn't seem like there is a good answer. Any replacement panel is likely to be a refurb, and I think I've seen a couple people post that their replacement...
Tom, PM sent.
Tom, one other question... Would changing the setting you refer to override the calibration settings that D-Nice programmed in last year?
Tom, so are saying there is a setting inside the panel that I can adjust (or you could walk me through adjusting it) that would correct this? I watching BB replace the panel last time around, so I feel that I could get it apart.
Hello, I purchased this display 2 years ago on Black Friday, so it was near the end of the model season and D models were due out anytime. I purchased it from BB and within 6 months I noticed a 2" crack in the lower left area of the display. BB really came through and replaced the panel with very little hassle. That new display was broken in and then calibrated by D-Nice. I'm been very happy with it. Then about 2 months ago, I started noticing a a pinkish purple haze...