or Connect

Posts by Boss21xd

I moved from Arcam to the Anthem, and I can say that ARC is the game changer. Without ARC enabled, I honestly believe I preferred the Arcam (especially with analog). Having said that, with ARC enabled it is not even a fair comparison. The Anthem wins hands down, and really shines over digital. You will not be dissapointed, but make sure you use ARC, and go digital as much as possible.
So ARC does nothing to my room response above 120Hz if that is the selected cutoff? Would I then assume that sub placement with a target cutoff of 80Hz means it is a more optimal solution because ARC has found it has to do "less" to correct my room? I thought room correction was applied up to 5000?
Would someone care to tackle a proper explanation of the cutoff Vs. the crossovers implemented in ARC? I just got a new sub and played around with quick measure to find the flatest room placement. Moving the sub 3 inches closer to a sidewall changes my target ARC cutoff for the sub from 80Hz to 120Hz while the actual crossovers stay the same at 60Hz for all speakers. Generally speaking...with tower LR fronts (energy C-9s) and a very capable sub (Hsu VTF2-mkIII in max...
It's a long story revolving around a dead laptop battery, limited outlets, and of course...the mic cable in question.
I think the mic cable is only 12 feet, but I believe the serial is longer. The mic cable length is the one that hurts, and prevented me from doing ARC in a PC music server mounted in my system rack. Instead I had to huddle behind a couch using a laptop. Bummer.
I really believe this is a "bug" with either the A-D conversion or the digitizing of the inputs. All my sources are set to Dolby Volume off, but when I initially posted my results, I had asked about what to do with Dobly volume AFTER running ARC with it off. Do you turn it back on? Here's why: I ran ARC with Dolby volume off for all sources. Then I listened and got the tinny, compressed sound that dissapointed me so much. But when I would press Dolby ON, the sound...
The analog inputs are the white (L) and red (R) stereo RCAs jacks (I think there are 6 or 7) on the back of the MRX. I was using one of these for my CD player outputting an analog signal. The change was to go to digital coax inputs (digital inputs are marked on the back of the MRX) and set my CD player to output digital. Night and day difference. Take a look at your owners manual for the exact locations of the various inputs. If you are displeased with the MRX and ARC,...
Some of you who have been following the thread may recall that I was probably the only guy to ever hook up a new MRX and be dissapointed in the results from ARC. I was embarassed that I was not hearing the love from ARC, because I really do know a bit about audio and good sounding kit. It's not that I just needed to give it listening time, but time probably helped in keeping me from abandoning it completely. All I really needed to do to get my moment of ARC bliss......
Yeah I know the sub is not the best. The crossover is not defeatable and was set to the highest it could go (120 Hz) on the dial for the setup. Guess I'll just go back to the original plan of listening for a while and drinking the kool-aid in small sips rather than everyone else's big gulp. But I have to admit, I'm gagging a bit as I do it. I can always turn off ARC and return to straight crossovers with leveling. No worries. The MRX is a keeper because of all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by eking3030 I just set up my mrx 500. I do not understand what the charts and results of the arc are. I am using a mca 30 for my fronts and center. studio 100's, cc690, and adp 590's for the rears. my sub is a sesmic 110. Just curious what it all means and if there is anything I should do. Thanks for your help. I'm kinda in the same boat, but I do know that most of the gurus will want the "calculations" on your ARC...