or Connect

Posts by rovingtravler

Best of luck. I am sure it will look like new.
He is speaking about a High Power screen by da-lite. The screen has a high gain; I believe 2.0 and higher. This means if you would have 14FL of light on a 1.0 gain screen you would have 28FL of light on a 2.0 gain screen. The only issue is a projector needs to be as close to centered top to bottom for the gain to work properly. Wow on the price. I am currently building as well and my builder included the wiring and HDMI cable (of my choice) and speaker wiring in the...
Looking back at the first post I would make sure to view the M150 in person and see if the 3D is up to your standards. For active 3D it is right on the edge IMO of being bright enough. Most people seem to display 3D content in overlap mode, which is brighter but not as color accurate. For the price of the M150 you could easily get a used D-73D which is passive and does have the real light output. Let us know what you decide. Cheers.
Unless you are looking for 3D the 8150/LS-5 is a great machine and very comparable to brand new machines. Unless you are going to get a brand new JVC that has more light and really better numbers without the CMS issues that so many of them have suffered from you may be disappointed. As you pointed out dynamic and even measured contrast of a billion to one is not seen in real world. Even with how "old" the projector is I almost bought a LS-5 instead of my Q-750. Also as...
If anyone is concerned with the resale value of a projector they should not buy a high end projector. The law of diminishing returns kicks in greatly on high end projectors. is the Runco Q really 12 times better than a MITS HC-4000? I would say no way, but the retail price is 12 times higher. That said most do not pay retail for either projector. How much is a used HC-4000 worth after 4 years? One can only imagine that if the right price was paid for a Q-750 the loss...
The 8150 has been replaced / re-badged as a Runco LS-5 if I remember correctly. Either way it is still being sold by Runco. When you call just ask which projector supersedes the 8150 and you can buy a bulb from them or do a search for the part number on Ebay or anyone of the many places to buy bulbs.
Steve, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies .
I have to agree. The Q-750 is pretty quiet and the heat delta from intake to output is not much. I measured and posted this information last year. I cannot remember the exact number but something like 10-15 degrees F. One my theater is back together I will test again.
Start up is called a strike i.e. the electricity strikes the bulb. Many ultra high end projectors count strikes and hours and many people consider the number of strikes to be the more important number. There are articles that say 1 strike is equal to 1 hour of use and some projectors actually do not have a linear hour meter. I.E. the counter may jump from 230 to 233 hours even though it was only on for two hours. As stated above if you plan to use the projector within...
I can tell you I get about 434 lumes calibrated at D65 with my Runco Q750i. I can also say that yes the Mico -50/60 is brighter in overlap, but not accurate in overlap for colors.I messaured between 425 and 475 lumens for a Mico 50 calibrated at 65 and that depended on zoom, shift and a few other thigns. I have not seen the M150, but even the Wolf thread talked about using overlap and having to use a VP to correct for the color errors. The other issue is the sound, as...