or Connect

Posts by CeridianMN

Has anybody with a 60/70/80 inch 3d version of the set taken the time to create a new EDID allowing for 5.1 hdmi passthrough from a PC? The PC reads the EDID and sees 2 channel right now. I would prefer to force a custom EDID over running a cable to manualy swap out. (I've done it before to enable 3D on a projector that wasn't supported unless I sent it in for a free hardware update.)
I am interested. If the download is torrent based I'll even leave a seed up for the foreseeable future. I have to check what I have for burning the disc. I may only have a single layer burner. Ever since going to yearly subscribed automatic online back-ups burning discs has been low on my priority list.
We've been recording all three primetime + the first news broadcast by default Sunday's on CBS for over 5 years now. First Charter, now Comcast. We don't even care about the Good Wife, but need to have it "just in case." Then there's the weekly check to see if we need to record the second news broadcast as well. It also takes extra DVR space which gets iffy with only 500Gb. We only watch one or two shows a night, sometimes not even one, and end up behind. (Much to far...
I'm not at home right now to see exactly what I did, but there is a way to get both. You basically combine the video part of the EDID from your projector with the audio part of the EDID from your receiver. It's a bit of work to get it just right, but once it's dialed in and you install the custom EDID it works perfectly. I've been gaming in 3D & surround since and wouldn't go back unless I had no choice.
I think I'd actually prefer the tablet to the projector. I have a pretty good 3D setup already that relies on short throw.
Not sure where you're getting your info. I suppose maybe someone would complain of the 720p versus a projector with 1080p being a little sharper? I have one hooked up in the basement and even without the black velvet border on my screen yet (just bare pine) it is wonderful. I really have no complaints about the picture quality, and 3D works wonderfully as well. As for a comparison to the HD66, isn't the GT700 basically a short-throw version of the HD66 with the...
DLP link child size? I'd be interested in 2, up to 6 if we could get a deal going. (2 for $50 I could probably scrounge up, but not going to do 6 for $150.)
I have to agree that this is likely to come soon. I have an Optoma GT700 and am getting a 110" screen that looks great from around 6 feet. I's 720p, but I imagine they are working on 1080. I have no expertise in this, but imagine that the geometry of source to screen can't be much different based on the number of pixels. It seems to me it would be more based on physical size and shape, so it should be a matter of replacing the 720p chip with a 1080p chip of the same...
You do know the Wii supports PLII right? That means it'll give you pretty decent surround sound when hooked in through the receiver. You're actually limiting the Wii by setting it back to stereo only to the TV. If you are aware of this and have a reason to not use the surrpind system I apologize, I just wanted to make sure you knew you were giving up something more than amplification in this transaction.The extra for audio should be red and white, not blue in my...
With these inexpensive DLPs it's all about projector placement. I have a GT700 and am going to build a custom mount as soon as I have the time. The mount will let me move the projector about a foot front/back and side/side. I'll also have adjustible height. You see, there is generally alos no lens shift in these units. You could keystone - but most people around here would not even think of that (myself included). My current ceiling mount is a track (from a pocket door...