or Connect

Posts by mutheater

Looking back, I would have asked the builder to design the columns slightly different. However, he didn't build them to my liking and I was not charged for them at the end of the day. You could see the seams in the columns and trim was added later to hide the seam. The trim is easy to see below because it is white (not painted at the time). If I could do it again, I would have cut out an opening or square in each of the three sides...not cutting the column so there is...
I have lost track how many movies we watched over the past two or three months. The family loves the theater which is great...the kids are fighting over time to play Wii or PS3 games as well. However, the theater is not finished....this is something the wife doesn't seem to understand. In her eyes, everything works and we can watch movies so the theater is done. I could not disagree more....last night I stood dumbfounded looking at tangled mess of wires...
Many people use Aura Bass Shakers and they are $50 each from Parts Express. I am enjoying mine now that I changed the mounting location. You can split the sub-woofer line out from your receiver and use the second feed to an FMOD ($25 - it filters out everyone but low end freq) and then into an old receiver. I had one around the house...or get one from Craigslist for $30. Then connect the old receiver to the shakers with speaker wire. Very simple...everyone seems...
I would talk to Roman...he was sold countless people on this forum home theater chairs from Berkline. He has power recliners that come to under $500 per chair delivered and now has a third-party company that provides a warranty. I considered a higher end chair but with three kids....and countless friends...using the theater the thought was go low-end and replace the chairs down the line if necessary. Most people are "impressed" by the chairs. I guess it is because...
I'm in Ohio as well. When you are dealing with electronics, I try and stay with the well known companies. Amazon, Newegg...etc. I'm not sure if you have a projector but Visual Apex has great customer service and competitive prices. I got my theater chairs from Roman as well. I'm sure you are in good hands there...his customer service is top notch. Good luck with the remainder of your build. Typically, I have luck that mirrors your recent experiences - bad luck. ...
That is my fear and one of the main reasons for starting the thread. I did the best I could to research the components but I lack the expertise to understand if everything is compatible.
That is one reason why I asked my question....but it seems that nobody can give me an answer. I didn't want to purchase incompatible equipment.
If I am reading your plan correctly, you have 153 inches after subtracting the blue area which appear to be columns? If you go with the 4 of the 13175's (which I have) that only leaves 16 inches on either side. I don't think that is really practical in the long run. Doable, yes...practical, not really. However, if it is short-term...1 year or less, I would squeeze in 4 chairs just to have the additional seating....maybe even offset the seating to one side rather...
Quote: Originally Posted by marcosscriven Hi Instead of getting the H5360 and 3D-XL, why not just get the H5360BD? I just took the plunge myself - I'm based in London, but ordered from Amazon in Germany. It's my first projector, but I can honestly say I'm thrilled with the 3D quality! It doesn't look like the projector is available in the US. Plus, I want the flexibility to return the projector (without hassle) if I'm not happy with the...
I don't own the Acer projector so the 3DXL is another expense. I have an Epson 8350 and adding the Acer for $400 plus glasses seems affordable (to the wife). However, the extra $300+ for the 3DXL on top of the projector...not worth it to me. I was hoping someone can validate my set-up. I hate to be wrong and then be faced with selling the projector or spending the $320 for the 3DXL.