or Connect

Posts by ich toxisch

Oh, I appreciate the model and the graph. Obviously a lot of knowledge and time dedicated. The point of discussion is the Sub2. Paradigm sub2 doesnt extend as deep as many of the subs in this comparo. It just so happens to be equiped with 10 inch drivers. I think there is some agreement that the sub is good but the claimed 7hz(DIN) is a reach. '
And what is the volume of a single 10w0 verus a single 15w0 at 20hz? And then at 40hz? I bet the volumes at the same power are more similar at 40hz than at 20hz. I bet the 10 is down. There may be response but the volume is down from the 15. Most of these home subs are single driver units. You can start stacking them and applying EQ but what is the point if you can do the same thing with a single 15"? You can start adding multiple drivers and EQ to change this but...
I know you can back it. I agree. There are SOME 10s that can play deeper than SOME 18s. However, let us consider the paradigm DSP 3100,3200,3400. As you move from smaller to larger the LFE improves. Let us consider the JL or RE subs. As you move from 10s up to 12s,13s or even 15s the same applies. The larger the sub the lower the FS and the more natural the woofer seems to be able to play deeper more effortlessly. I once stated that the different drivers have...
Ive been reading the reviews too. They are very positive. I dont think shortcommings is the right word. It is good. Very good. Dont get me wrong. I just dont feel that it is a JL killer. I like it a lot. but the the 7Hz claim is BS. Even a single SVS PC39 (Non Ultra) extends deeper.
Is this one of those invitations to show charts and graphs that all woofers sound the same? A generalization. The Sub2 exhibits traits typical of 10 inch drivers. Tight and fast. A touch less LFE. Im sure that there are magical exceptions to this. Maybe a 10" propeller woofer or something. But generally 10s have less volume as the frequencies drop than do larger drivers. In MOST cases the larger the driver the more natural the low frequency response.
100% correct. 10 inch woofers have a volume at a specific given frequency. When you listen to the sub2 you know that you are hearing 10s. Its good. Powerful and articulate. 7hz is a ridicuous claim.
I know exactly which one you are talking about. I just heard one in a big home HT setup. It is articulate and dynamic. It is good but more on the level of a Fathom than a Gotham. It does not have the LFE of the SVS Ultra. The spec sheet indicates a low frequency capabilites around 7hz. I did not perceive this during my experience. Paradigm does make good products. Sub 2 does deserve consideration. I would rather buy 2 of the DSP3400s for under 2k. The performance...
Not completely useless. However the Velodyne has been laughed at from the beginning of this thread. Paradigm's Gotham Equivalent? Not quite. If you have heard it you wouldnt make that statement. DSP3400 is good. Probably one of my favorites. I Have one. Doesnt have the power to compete with this group though. PDR series was solid. Seismic series plagued by bad amps and ground loop problems. Paradigm is always pushing the big bass small box tactic. Holds them bak a...
Once upon a time Polk was a serious contender and would compete or beat most other speakers. Not so much now. Rti can be glaring especially when mated with the wrong electronics. Upper end Polks are better but I still prefer KEF and PSB any day. The KEF are going to be less bright but still detailed and pleasant to listen to. The Onkyo will also be a bit less glaring than the HK. If you like smooth, Onkyo plus KEF is preferable. If you like it bright HK...
KEF speakers are going to be less bright and glaring than the Monitor Audios. Monitors are built very well but can be harsh. I like smooth. I would prefer the KEF or PSB.