or Connect

Posts by Tzar Igor

I have an HR24 chuck full of recordings on the DVR. I just accepted an offer to scale up to an HR34. I just want one box so I plan to return the old HR24. And, I know that there is no way to copy the recorded programs from the old HR24 to the new HR34. But, until I return the HR24, can I have both boxes connected to my TV (HDMI) and finish watching the backlog of recordings? Only the new HR34 will be activated and connected to the dish. The old HR24 will be used just as a...
I'm considering replacing some of the original HTIB speakers with Energy V-Minis. The original HTIB speakers are 6 ohms and the Energy V-Minis are 8 Ohms. Specifically, the HTIB AV receiver is an Onkyo HT-R390 and I am planning on replacing the L/C/R speakers with the 8 Ohm V-Minis and keeping the original Onkyo sub and surrounds .. 80% of Dollby/DTS noise comes through the L/C/R speakers, right? Does anyone see a problem with this plan? The Onkyo receiver is speced for...
My XVT553SV also experiences sound fluctuations during the first couple of minutes after powering up. The TV is attached to a DirectTV and a BD player. It does not matter which input source I use. If the TV has been off for several hours (8 hours) then the sound volume will fluctuate while "warming up". I called Vizio tech support and they instructed me to turn off the "TruSound" option in the Audio settings. After doing so, the volume fluctuations went away. But, what if...
I purchased the S570 on Black Friday and now after some problems started to appear I attempted to upgrade the firmware.1. If I try to upgrade via the Wi-Fi, the process gets to about step 4/9 at which point it terminates with a message to the effect that the server disconnected. This was attempted several times with same result in the same place.2. If I try to create a CD with the latest firmware, I get an XML error when I finally click on "Accept Terms" in the download...