or Connect

Posts by narhic_fd

How do you know when a duster coating of paint, rather it be a coating of silver fire or, in my case, a coating of gloss white, is dry enough to safely add another coat over it?? Don't want to put coats down to soon.
Did UPS deliver that package yet??? First day of spring in 2 days so I'm guessing the snow should be gone by now.
what color is the colorant suppose to be after it's mixed up?? Mine is leaning toward a make chocolate color.
MississippiMan, what about my post up top on proper way of applying the silver fire over my White gloss paint. Should i put down a light coat of flat white over the gloss white before spraying the silver fire on or just spray the silver fire straight on the White gloss paint?? Is the procedure correct about applying the silver fire just until i see no reflection of the projector light coming off the white gloss underneath then sand down till i can barely see a hot spot...
Yeah, I think he's been extra busy due to work. Which is good for him since that means a paycheck.
So, moving on to the next step...achieving the silver fire first surface"white fusion" . After putting the last coat of glossy white paint down, I"ll sand it with a fine grit sanding sponge to make sure it's perfectly smooth then begin spraying on the silver fire mixture. From what I've read elsewhere, I take it that I want to spray multiple coats of silver fire then stop when I can see no visible light/hot spot from my projector hitting the glossy white surface...
I'm sure MississippiMan will chime in but before then i wanted to give a go at it. Okay, first of all, adding more water to the mix will make the problem worse. Yes, with normal paint, like you get from homedepot or Lowes, adding water does make the mix thinner and easier to spray but this it not the case with silver fire. Adding more water, as you noticed already, will only make the paint come out in giant droplet more, know as Spladder. These paint mixtures keys to...
Yeah, I have to admit that is one area i need to learn more about when it comes to projectors, the calibration part. Normally i just find the best presets they offer and go with that. Where would i get a calibration disk from???
MississippiMan, I noticed my projector has a "black board" setting were once selected it shoots the gamma whites up astronomical and over brights the image. Is that setting meant for someone who is using a Black screen or really, really, dark screen which will balance it out once the image is projected on a black screen?? And if it is, how well do they mix once you actually put the image on a black screen?? I guess I'm asking that because if my projector has that setting...
good point on the spraying up right! The reason i thought I would need to spray on almost the whole quart of paint is because a few months back i rolled on 3 or 4 coat of the behr 1850 gloss white and when i placed them up to the projector light i noticed that quite a bit of light was still getting through due to the fact that it had no primer in it. Now if the paint had primer in it I'm guessing the paint would have been thick enough to keep any of the light from making...