or Connect

Posts by PubFiction

So you didn't read the stuff after that, its what we call taking something out of context.
You clearly missed the entire point of my post. The US auto companies were global just like the Japanese display makers. Anyhow just watch and see if you don't get it.
Collection of companies is probably an inaccurate term, actually they don't collect, they radiate. Its not like Pontiac was some company from Texas that moved to MI, what it is, is engineers or people from the industry that start new companies. Now I am glad you used the auto industry as an example because what happened to them? To many companies all in the same area producing similar products divide up the sales and cannot hold themselves together. Then they either merge...
Proximity matters, global corps do not break the laws of physics. Put the advantages together and see. How much easier will it be to merge 2 companies where most people speak the same language, or 2 where they speak different languages? 2 that are closer to each other or further apart. They have a concentration of talent and experience in displays but they have spread it to thinly.
Your pride and such does have something to do with it, if the Japanese did not have this issue then their display business would still be in OK shape because long ago they would have made decisions to import labor to keep costs down and stem off their issues with an aging culture. Also you guys talk like 5 years is forever, but its really not it takes almost 5 years just to build a new factory to produce a state of the art display. In 5 years what has really changed we...
There is no way in a mere 5 years EVERY Japanese maker is going to be out. The Japanese are, well you know, a very insular and proud culture. We will see consolidation, perhaps a new company that is formed of the merger of multiple other companies. If you say 10 years, maybe. But they will make one last hail marry to stay in it that will get them through at least 5 years. The difference in the PC market is the PC market is shrinking or being replaced by mobile devices....
You act like there is some major difference between the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese. All of them are the same, they started their road to greatness by being a cheap labor source that produced low quality products. American companies outsourced to them to cut costs. Eventually they like all humans wanted to improve their lives and so they improved their products and climbed up the ladder moving from outsource destination to name brands. The way you view Chinese names is...
The OPS question is senseless, why would we list the NON Chinese companies that will be major players when the major players will be Chinese. lol what the heck sense does that make? Many, perhaps most Japanese players will probably be reduced to niche or none existent but IMO at least 1 Japanese player will do some consolidation and become a big player again. Korean companies will hold on for a while longer but the big gains and the new big players are going to be...
Just my opinion but I would buy a spool of cat6 and terminate cat6, most of the cost is in the time now, the premium for cat6 is not that much. Might as well have it all done up and ready for when hardware starts to support it. I also say buy a 1000 foot spool, once you run Ethernet you find it is very nice to have that option. Espeically now days with so many mobile / wifi devices interfering and making the wireless network crap.
I posted this in the VT60 thread but it was lost and no one seemed to care. I am having a problem with small black lines on the VT60, this is most apparent when browsing the web or anything with text such as this post. On all my other displays this text you are looking at now would be black. But on the VT60 it is blue. I did some testing and made a 1 pixel vertical line in PSP and it was still blue, but then I made the same line horizontally and it was black. What I...