or Connect

Posts by mjodotcom

Cool, thanks =) Final question (for now =P). My HT room has some side doors on it that we sometimes close but can rattle while watching movies. Should I leave them open for EQ purposes or closed? I leave them open them about half the time.
I remember reading some debate about this issue a few pages ago in the thread, but I didn't see this come to any resolution. I just got a new receiver and am about to run Audyssey set-up and would like to know if I need to make the adjustments that Brian is talking about or not. Please let me know, I don't want to damamge anything. Thanks.
They do not, but someone in another thread said they changed the height a bit to get more info for Audyssey.
Sounds good, thanks for the advice all. Next question, when picking my 8 measuring locations should I vary height as well?
Quote: Originally Posted by markus767 If you can minimize seat-to-seat variations by sub placement before running MultEQ, the results should be much better because EQing one seat doesn't negatively affect the other seats. Thats the dilemma though, as the sub sounds SO MUCH better in the location I have it now where I only get a good response in 2/3 spots. If I move it to where the response is more equal across the board, it is significantly...
Posted this in the reciever forum, but thought it would be good to get the opinions of people in this thread as well. I am going to be getting my brand new 4311 tomorrow (SO EXCITED!!). Before getting everything set up though, I have a question related to subwoofer placement and EQing. Here is the situation - I spent several hours finding the ideal spot in my room for my subwoofer by doing the sub crawl, listening, etc (my current AVR has no subwoofer EQ in it). The...
I still don't fully understand why they have listed numbers for lengths over 50ft but then say nothing should be over 50ft? So can I do it or not? :P
Sounds good, that's kind of what I was thinking. Hopefully XT32 will help correct the problem spot a bit more.On a somewhat related topic, I know that you can use up to eight positions to map the room with XT32 and saw the video showing where to do the 8 positions for a three person couch (three sitting spots, three in front of those stops, and two in-between). However, in addition to the three person couch I also have two smaller chairs that are on the side walls of the...
I am going to be getting my brand new 4311 tomorrow (SO EXCITED!!). Before getting everything set up though, I have a question related to subwoofer placement and EQing. Here is the situation - I spent several hours finding the ideal spot in my room for my subwoofer by doing the sub crawl, listening, etc (my current AVR has no subwoofer EQ in it). The problem is - with relation to my three person couch (center listening position), the subwoofer sounds great at two of the...
So you can get away with a longer length now as well, or just the lengths can be different?