or Connect

Posts by luner99

Here is what I'm looking for - I'm looking at cutting the cable cord (satellite) and looking at purchasing a Mac mini to act as DVR from HD antenna. I know I will have to get a tv turner (EYeTV or HDHomeRun or other). This Mac mini will feed through my AVR and to my main living room TV. It's my understanding that with one of the DVR softwares that this will have an interface similar to a "guide" that I can use to set the records. Several questions: 1. Does this...
I am running 3 Triad LCRs for the front stage with my 818 with no issue - plus the surrounds.
Thank you for your input. The projector is being used for mixed content (TV, DVD, BR, AppleTV, etc) and since the screen is larger as you assumed (106"), I will first start with your suggested option #1 and see how that works. When researching AVRs, I had no idea that the 2 outputs did not offer the VP - seems that a unit of this range/price would offer the same quality from both outputs. This is after all why people need 2 outputs. Besides that, I am enjoying the AVR...
The TV is a Sharp LC60LE835U an the projector is an Epson 5010e - as far as what device does better processing, I would need a more expertise opinion. Any advice is appreciated.
For all you people that have the 818 running a TV and projector, do you have the projector as "main" or "sub" output? I have a TV that is currently on "main" and when we want to watch the screen, it comes down in front of the TV an I flip the output to "sub". But this config doesn't allow for any processing to the projector. Just wondering what everyone is doing. Thanks.
A more current pic with the baseboards installed - a little cleaner. Work in progress but we are getting there!
Here are a few updated pics of where things stand...
I have a question - my hdmi out "main" is showing that I have it set to 1080p and allows me to change settings if I want. In the OSD, when I go into setup to hdmi out, when I change it to hdmi out "sub" - the resolution is greyed out and says through. I have an Epson 5010 and just noticed this so does this mean that I have not been getting 1080p upscaled to the projector? How can I change the hdmi out "sub" to be set to 1080p? Thanks.
I recieved my 5010e a few weeks ago and was finally able to install in over the holiday break. There are a ton of comments and pages here in the forum but the number of photos of PQ or images of their PJs is very limited... I was hoping to see others images to somewhat compare my quality/sharpness to others. The projector looks pretty good but was hoping to have a little sharper image (more 1080p looking). Hopefully others can post some of their photos that I can use...