or Connect

Posts by S A M 33

So do I . I'm an old film collector, and I watch mostly vintage films, a lot of black and white. As I've said above, WHEN this works, it's got a wonderful picture, no doubt about it.But the Epson is about 90% of it, has superior 3D, and costs about half.IF I get in the market for a "higher end" replacement when the Epson dies (or maybe this JVC, there's still a slim hope I'll get it back and have it run for another year or two), I'll probably check out a Sony at this...
NO! I just didn't bother to post on this thread as it seemed dormant, I posted in the "official JVCRS40.X3" thread instead.Less than 3 weeks after I got it back the EXACT same problem returned.Back to those geniuses at Mendtronix yet again.Now they're saying it needs a part number "PC010634499 DD PWB ASSY" It's still there, has been for 2 weeks, no word on when I'll get it back.It may not be the optical block, but really it seems WORSE. Totally unusable like this.JVC is...
Mine started at probably 550 hours or so - My unit still has under 1000 hours at 3 years, I'm a "weekend watcher" only. Yes, it might be different if I'd had the thing on 24/7 like a TV, but that's just not the case. S A M 33
Well, mine is now out of warranty, but was still under it when the first trip to Mendtronix happened a little over a year ago. JVC has made accommodations here, but it's just become very frustrating. I expect a 4000 dollar piece of equipment to run longer than 2 years trouble free. Even if I was one the hard-core techies here who swaps up for the latest and greatest each year, I'd still be out of luck because I can't sell this one to anybody in good faith now. All I want...
I'd be hesitant to purchase one at this point, even at a great discount. What I'd settle for at this point is a refurb unit - That's how Epson handles it. S A M 33
And the adventure continues. less than 3 weeks after I got it back the EXACT same problem has returned. Back to those geniuses at Mendtronix yet again. JVC is trying to be reasonable with me, but I'm seriously thinking the RS40 at least is truly a lemon... Really glad I have my Epson at this point. S A M 33
I feel it's only fair to post an update here on the situation with my RS 40. After much back and forth with JVC, they DID agree to cover the repairs to my projector for just the shipping costs (80 bucks) to Mendtronix in Latrobe, even though it is technically a year out of warranty. But as I said above, I had sent it in for repairs under warranty, but the picture issue was never resolved. I got it back last week, and so far so good, The green and purple picture is not...
I feel it's only fair to post an update here on the situation with my RS 40. After much back and forth with JVC, they DID agree to cover the repairs to my projector for just the shipping costs (80 bucks) to Mendtronix in Latrobe, even though it is technically a year out of warranty. But as I said above, I had sent it in for repairs under warranty, but the picture issue was never resolved. I got it back last week, and so far so good, The green and purple picture is not...
Thanks, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. As I said, if they'd just say "Send it in, if it's anything but the optical block we'll fix it one more time, hopefully correctly this time, and you pay the shipping, but if it IS the block we won't fix it but we'll ship it back to you at no cost", not ideal, but I'd live with it, given the fact it is technically out of warranty now. Of course I'd never even consider buying a JVC product ever again. On the other hand, if...
Thanks for the replies! First to be clear, this is now not under warranty. My beef is that I did send it in for this last year when it WAS under warranty and the issue came back in about 2 months. They seemed to just ignore it and concentrate on the dead 3D issue which they did fix, but I'm not sure they ever addressed it at all. Last time Projector Doctor (Mendtronix) said they replaced "processor PWB" In the interim I tried out an Epson 5020 and the 3D was so superior...