or Connect

Posts by riven319

Thanks for the informative replies!given that situation (send as pcm), are the player's DACs being utilized?I noted an issue in my BD playback tests using HDMI (sub) multichannel movies... the signal that the receiver receivers is dolby digital 5.1 even though I selected the lossless tracks in the movie. I tinkered with the settings (turned BD-secondary to off) and have also turned HDMI Audio (primary) to off...Everything seemed to go fine as the HD Audio indicator in...
Thanks for the replies!How would I know that my receiver (Denon 2309) is capable of this? Is it the same as pure direct? Would also want to use the room corrections if possible.....On the Multich side (via HDMI), is sending pcm instead of bitstream using the player's DACs instead of the receiver's?Thanks!
I see While I was reading the manual (Unit due to arrive tom probably)... I was thinking of how I should have it set up (with connections) then decided that I will connect HDMI main to the 3dtv and HDMI sub to the non-3d capable avr (Denon2309). I would also add RCA connectors (stereo) to the analog out (2ch/surround) and connect those to the analog CD input connector of the Denon -- which I plan to utilize during stereo listening sessions. Basically it will be HDMI for...
Thanks for your reply. Does the chroma processing really degrade PQ that much?How about the audio enhancements? should I keep them off as well?Thanks!
Hello Sirs, I recently ordered a BDT500 from amazon. I have a denon 2309 and these are the features I need in the BDT500: dual hdmi out (denon 2309 does not have 3d pass through) and the burr brown dacs (might delay my need for a separate cd player for the meantime). I plan to have the MAIN HDMI out connected to the 3dtv and the HDMI SUB to the receiver. I would also like to utilize the dacs in the player when listening to cd (which I assume would require me to use the...
Sir, maybe you could try turning off noise reduction in the picture settings (if it's on). It has a bad habit of removing all the grain and making the picture blurry or smudgy.....
True. Makes sense that many don't see it even with careful inspection in showrooms or moderately lighted areas. I have a dark viewing room myself.Maybe you could try what I tried above sir if it's the same for you....
Apparently, many were unaware of the problem and upon searching the net... learned of this issue... or... hoped the problem was solved because their units were much newer than those posted in the forums ...there were also good reviews that did not mention this problem. As for my case, I was fond of buying samsungs (monitors, tvs --led, lcd) and had good experience with their QA before... and.. sad to say... I bought this with blind faith. Still, my problem was quite...
Hi guys. I have a 51d550... it is a very fine tv set for me... I also have the latest firmware in our global area, bought the tv last november 30. Problem is I also see the pops on occasion despite being optimistic they should have resolved this already by this time. Upon my testing I found the following (based on my set): 1. the pops occur only on my usb and allshare sources (haven't tried normal broadcast as I use a different tv set for that). 2. the...