or Connect

Posts by diy speaker guy

The endgame here is to understand the simulation in post 1 as fully as possible and explore it's validity. This is an intellectual excercise, as I've stated several times I'm probably not going to build this anyway but this seems like an interesting concept.If this has been discussed every year like clockwork why hasn't anyone posted links to threads where this was discussed in detail? That may (or may not) have saved everyone a bunch of time and frustration.The goal of...
Yeah, but if you are convinced it won't work you should be able to use your words and explain why. Mark is the only one even attempting to do that. (LTD's contributions were useful too.)
Forgot to answer this. Yes I build. But (like most people, I thnk) I simulate a lot more than I build. My first tapped horn was documented online in early 09 (?), by my count at the time it was one of the first 5 diy tapped horns that were built AND measured. In fact, IIRC it might have been one of the first 5 diy AND commercial models that I could find measurements for at the time, but that was long ago and I can't remember the exact details. I've built a whole pile...
Thanks Mark, I really appreciate your answers. It's refreshing in a sea of mindless dismissal with no supporting evidence. Your first two sentences make sense and are the ONLY sensible arguement provided so far. I think others might have been alluding to this but if so no one has been able actually say it.Do you have any hard info on how extremes affect things or are you just speculating here? Like I said, oil and water pipelines are not at all the same thing but they...
Flare It is the only trustworthy source of core velocity info that I know of, and it says 10 m/s for 2 inch pipe. My design doesn't exceed that until below 5 hz. I don't understand your argument here, the software clearly shows a passing grade for the design above 5 hz. Am I supposed to trust that your off the cuff guess about what will happen is more accurate than Flare It? I respect you and the work you do but I'm sorry, I don't trust your guesses about something you...
I'm sure your sub is very nice, well designed, well built and perfect for your needs (at the time). But it's simply not the same thing so it doesn't matter in this conversation.I've made it clear several times now that the purpose of this is NOT to have 2 hz output, It won't. That should be clear and if that's your only arguement I agree with you. But it's more than likely (according to the sims) that there will be good output from at least 5 hz and up.The low tuning is...
No, I'm not going to take your money. But all the same if I do find out I am wrong about any aspect of this I will seek you out to apologize.
I doubt they are humoring me. I was spectacularly wrong about something last week and no one humored me then. (I wasn't wrong because I was stupid, I understood the physics just fine but was incorrect in my understanding of the layout of the internal workings of a device that I didn't have a picture of at the time.)Unless the build in your sig is tuned to 2 hz it has nothing whatsoever with this conversation. It may be a good design but it's not even close to the same...
Go back and read his last post, that's not what he said at all. The port will only compress below 2 or 3 hz where there is NO CONTENT IN ANY RECORDED MEDIA and even if there was the signal chain wouldn't pass it to the sub. So it will not ever chuff. Above 5 hz (where there is content in recorded media) velocity is 10 m/s or less, completely acceptable according to Flare It.I agree with the first sentence 100 percent. Sentence 2 is completely untrue. Sentence 3 is...
I'm not mad because people don't agree with me. I brought this converstion here (of all places I could have gone) specifically for the knowledge base here and I WELCOME disagreement. It leads to learning.I AM mad when people tell me my goals are wrong (which is OT and not helpful) and I do get upset when people disagree but don't provide any details, especially when I've spent considerable time presenting a balanced arguement with plenty of supporting evidence.Other than...