or Connect

Posts by diy speaker guy

I appreciate what you are trying to do but it's not working. You made about 40 posts last night that basically all said the same thing. I responded to all of them, and after a couple of hours of that it became clear that you did not understand what I was simulating in the first place. Post 1 clearly said it was a simple ported box, the pics show all the software inputs that clearly show a simple ported box. And the whole time it's been clear that you don't understand...
Don't start this again please, you made a big mess of this thread and wasted a lot of my time last night. If you can't point out a problem with my simulations or ideas with math please don't tell me what to do. I know who Steve is and I also know what I am doing. We are not doing the same thing. Instead of providing more links, please read through the thread and try to understand what's going on here.
Um... I still don't know who John is but assuming you are talking about LTD, both those guys seem to be agreeing with me now (in principle if not in exact detail).Everyone agrees (I hope) at this point that the core velocity of a 2 inch pipe is 10 m/s, and my design does not exceed that until below 5 hz. In other words the concept works, at least on paper.
Yes, exactly (although it's showing closer to 82 db at 2 hz, not 70). There's not much velocity because there's really not much going on. (But at the same time, please remember that at 1 hz there actually is REALLY high velocity, but it's so low in frequency that it makes no difference.This brings up a good point though, in terms of a scale model. Spl needs to be scaled too, not just frequency. Since the scaled model will be able to put out a LOT of spl at the scaled...
Thanks so much for responding. To be clear, I didn't think you were going to, that's why I was not chilled.Ok, I'm sorry I didn't mention this earlier but I thought it was more than obvious by looking at the graphs in post 1, combined with the fact that there is no useful content at 2 hz in any media, and even if there was it would probably have to be 140 db to even perceive it and you would need a specialized signal chain to pass that signal along to the sub.Yes, of...
Thank you for this.In this case the primary motivation was simply to model this driver to see what it takes to extract it's full potential within the rated power handling spec. It takes a very low tuning to do this. Like I said, I'm not married to the 2 hz idea and probably won't build this anyway but I'm still interested in the concept. And the concept is sound, as I've shown here. I'm satisfied with that and I don't really care that I haven't convinced anyone. It...
I have no idea what that means but I do agree it does sound interesting, all of this is very very interesting. In fact it keeps me up at night sometimes. But I really have to go to sleep. Hopefully we can continue this tomorrow.Thanks for discussing the actual details of this weird design. This is by far the most stimulating and on topic part of the conversation so far.
See the blue line in the same graph? It's leveling out to flat as frequency decreases. I'm assuming once it levels off flat it also will stay flat down to DC.