or Connect

Posts by diy speaker guy

How do you measure Sd? Do you measure the cross sectional area or do you measure the actual surface area of the cone? If the latter, you are the only one and your calculated Sd and simulations will be wrong. If you glued an extra dust cap (a very large one) on a regular driver and cut a hole in the middle of it, would that increase your Sd? This is a ridiculous notion and that's basically the same thing as this driver - two cones that are attached to each other, the...
I don't think so. Think about a tube of silicone for instance. In that case the "cone" would be the plunger thing you push on to make the silicone come out. No matter what shape that plunger thing is (cone or flat or multi cones with a ported chamber in between) the same amount of silicone is going to come out for a given input stimulus (like a squeeze on the trigger). Sd is cross sectional area of the diaphragm, regardless of the diaphragm geometry, regardless of...
That might have been the intent but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. You can stack as many cones as you want and it won't increase Sd at all (no matter if there's a hole in the outside cone or not), in the same way that a cone shape vs a flat round shape with the same diameter both have the same Sd, since they push linearly straight in and out. The cone has more surface area but doesn't push any more air than a flat plate.As I see it, this alignment makes no...
I'm not familiar with the old wt3 or the new dats so I have to ask... Is this a new product (I'm guessing no) or is this the result of S+L finally legally forcing them to change the incredibly misleading (almost to the point of being fraudulent) name of the product?
Marketing is fun, right? Fairy tales for adults.I can't read any of the links provided because they have been moved or deleted. What's up with that?If anyone is claiming this enclosure is not tuned they have a fundamental lack of understanding about how the physics of audio works. All enclosures, in fact any boundary that is at least semi solid and near (within 1/4 wavelength) a raw driver creates impedance peaks. Those peaks will be there no matter what driver you...
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/5-8-inch-sanded-pine-plywood-19-32-inchx4x8/967017Same product (except for thickness), same picture even, but in Canada they call it sanded pine.
LOL, don't be so pessimistic.
I've seen Arauco once at Home Depot and keep asking for it. I've always been told they've never had it and can't order it. Then I finally realized that they call it "sanded pine", and even though it has the Arauco name stamped all over it, Home Depot employees don't recognize the name. Once I finally figured this out and asked about availability, I was told they only get a single order once a year in November. (?!?) Oh well, it's almost November. I've used 3/8 and...
It's hard to know how they will perform without modeling them. You can't model them if you don't know what driver is in there (unless you just want to use your own driver.) It doesn't look like it goes very low and it probably doesn't need that vent. You STILL have not stated any goals, all you are doing is posing pics and asking if the design is good. You need to spend more time with Hornresp and all these questions will answer themselves. Have you looked up the...
If that's a 48 inch driver then the path is probably long enough. You should realistically be looking for path lengths around 10 - 20 feet, depending on what you are trying to do. If you don't define any goals and post pictures with no dimensions or known parts you are probably going to take the long road to whatever your destination may be. Your drawing is starting to look like a Labhorn. Look up Labhorn for a real world example of this type of horn with tons of...