or Connect

Posts by diy speaker guy

His only two posts addressing me blatantly accused me of not understanding the issue even though I explained it clearly and showed pictures and graphs. Did you miss that part? Is that not equally insulting, especially considering the fact that I'm not wrong?
The danger here is excursion, no thermal. Hornresp handles excursion prediction very well. It only takes a split second to destroy a driver if you reach xlim. There's also IM distortion to consider. This whole issue is really as simple as that.Please don't expect me to just take his word for it especially since he hasn't even explained his position. Bill has a really bad track record of trying to back up his claims. Here's one example, check out this quote from here...
I'm not buying it Bill. You have 6171 posts in this forum since 11/2009 and just as many posts in a dozen different forums but can't spare 2 minutes to answer a question from your paying customer? I've displayed a lot of info here and I haven't argued about anything - technically that would be impossible since you aren't saying anything. On the other hand, how many of my informational threads have you bombed in the past 3 years to argue with me? The only thing I've...
There are at least a few acceptable drivers as per BFM. Are you sure the Dayton Classic 15 is not on the list? I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not sure if this is considered a technical question but perhaps he could let us know if the Classic 15 is on the list and if so, what the xlim is. He answered a technical question in post 9 of this thread but refused in post 65 so I'm not quite sure what the his rules are.
This is all most certainly true but to be clear to the OP and others that don't fully understand this situation, there's a difference between running the driver in a competent fashion (with a hpf) vs running it so hard below tuning that you are relying on compliance limits to prevent catastrophic destruction, which is a strategy that may not work at all depending on the value of xlim. Regardless, there's IM distortion to consider. The massive excursion peak below tuning...
Bill, I don't need to own your plans to know how horns work. I know you think you are uniquely qualified so why not discuss the issue like a proud designer instead of a marketing department? This guy posted a question on an open forum. I don't know him and he certainly didn't pay me but I still feel like I owe him a correct answer. And that answer should be public domain to be agreed upon or refuted. I'm not going to join your forum and your customers shouldn't have...
Just for fun I took a wild guess at what's inside the tht. Since it's a guess (and a very simple one at that) and I didn't even offset the driver it's not completely accurate but I think it's in the ballpark. Shown with the classic Tempest specs (I think - I didn't take too long to look them up) and 300 watts.As long as the driver used can take at least 22 mm excursion before damage the driver will be physically safe. But even so, any tones around 22 hz will cause...
Hornresp (and WinISD) show excursion, not xmax.WinISD can't model a horn so I don't know what you are talking about. Hornresp shows excursion accurately. Like I said in the previous post, front loaded horns need a hpf at a higher frequency than ported boxes (and tapped horns and transmission lines, etc) of the same f0. Regardless of whether you like the way Hornresp shows excursion you can use Hornresp to compare a ported box to a front loaded horn with the same f0 and...
Are you sure he said that? That's a ridiculous statement.Front loaded horns definitely need a hpf, and they need a hpf at a higher frequency than you might expect by looking at the frequency response graph. Ported boxes and tapped horns need a hpf right around or a bit below the frequency where response starts to drop like a rock but front loaded horns need a hpf a bit higher than f0.I don't have tht plans and I've never studied any BFM designs but I chose a flh from my...
Sorry I'm late to this party but I have some experience with this one.Here's how the scam works.http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/were-windows-anatomy-cold-calling-scam-6C10631331http://blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/04/phone-scammers-call-the-wrong-guy-get-mad-and-trash-pc/They have a very convincing script and actually identify themselves as Microsoft or a Microsoft partner. MANY people are fooled, including my own brother, who is not an idiot but also not a...