or Connect

Posts by diy speaker guy

If you actually could scream through a straw, there will be compression but not so much that it effectively seals the straw. Still going to hear you loud and clear.
On the Moody graph I posted I am midway between laminar and complete turbulence.The graph you posted shows ~ 1 db down at 34000 Reynolds. So like I always said, yes there is compression there, but it is still acting like a port.I didn't (and still don't) have time to read the whole paper, I only read the few paragraphs you told me to and posted the conclusion. So I don't have anything to say about this situation getting worse as freqeuncy lowers.So between the graphs...
Emphasis provided by me of course. My reynolds number is 16000 lower than the point that the system begins to degrade. The wall they mention is not a brick wall, it's the beginning of non linearity.Of course this does not mean the design is any good.Thanks for the link (and for providing real info instead of speculation), I did not previously know of it, or know how to relate reynolds number independently directly to this discussion.
Everything in this post is true but the velocity (not talking about compression here, just velocity) in my design was predicted quite accurately by the simulation programs, it wasn't the speed of light or 200 mph, it was 10 m/s at the useful lower end of the bandwidth.There are professionals in different fields that do these kinds of calculations every single day. I was hoping some of these type of pros were here that could put some real numbers on this, but no one did so...
Ql and Qa are not supposed to be normal data entry items, they should be set to a reasonable value in the program by default. I've never seen Ql set to 10 by default and certainly wasn't expecting it so I didn't bother even checking, although obviously I should have. That's probably the reason why it completely escaped my attention even though the graph clearly doesn't look right, as Mark pointed out.This is true. Despite not knowing the math (assumptions) that each...
Kidding about which part? Lots of people presented the same POV as Mark but without the supporting evidence, which makes all the difference in the world. I don't care much for unsupported speculation. Some of the speculation was right (the part about the design not having much if any benefit over sealed) and some was wrong (the part about massive turbulence and reverting to sealed as soon as the red line in Flare It is crossed). The biggest mistake I made (I think the...
If you could only understand how untrue that is. I've been caught in an OCD nightmare for 3 days now. I literally cannot stop until I find the right answer. I almost threw up this morning when I woke up, that's how badly this has upset me. I hate confrontation but the need to have the correct answer won't let me stop until I get it.Besides, I don't believe you would have taken the time to respond at all (much less in such detail) if you thought I was just a...
Ok, I think I have some results now. I studied up on this for what seems like about the last 8 hours (probably closer to 2 hours in reality though) so I hope I did this right and I hope the results are helpful to the discussion. Ok, above the orange line is a random pic of a Moody diagram. Never seen this thing before so I'm not sure I'm qualified to read it correctly. Below the orange line is the results of a random air flow simulator. Duct is simulated as PVC with...
Thanks, but I deleted my post due to using the wrong calculator. That was a fluid caluclator I guess, it wasn't clearly marked.I'm trying to work my way through the gas calculator now.
I can't do any of that, so I hope you do. But if it passes, don't expect anyone to accept your results. At this point there are a lot of people that have way too much invested in the dismissal of this concept to admit they are wrong.I have no problem being wrong, I'm just after correct information.