or Connect

Posts by gindie

I am wondering if anybody has yet detected any HD testing by WHIO in Dayton, OH. They are supposed to be on Channel 41. I have a DST-3000, with an indoor Radio Shack antenna. Last week, for the first time, channel 7-1 showed up in my APG as digital station WHIO-DT. It has remained in my guide with the same schedule as Channel 7. However, I do not get any picture on 7-1 or 41.
I have a standard RCA round dish installation mounted to the roof. Is the oval dish mounting arm, etc. compatible with the round dish or will I need to re-mount the entire system?
I have a DST-3000 with a Toshiba 4:3 HD monitor. When I start receiving 1080i from my local stations, what aspect should it be in, 1.78:1, 1.85:1, or 2.35:1? Just curious how much my viewing area will be reduced.
I have a problem with my Toshiba DST-3000 and TN50X81 set-up. I'd like to know how/if I can easily tell whether the problem is in my STB or the TV before I commit to calling a repairman. Any help would be appreciated. Symptoms ONLY occur when using 1080i mode of the STB: 1) On-screen menu is curved on all sides, with an especially bad "bowing" on top-right and bottom-right corners. 2) In letterboxed movies on DirecTV, the top and bottom edges of the viewable image are...
To my Dayton friends - Regarding WHIO (CBS in Dayton) and their HDTV plans, I received the following response to my inquiry of them: ACCORDING TO FCC RULES, THE DAYTON MARKET MUST BE TRANSMITTING A DIGITAL PICTURE BY MAY, 2002. WHIO IS CURRENTLY INSTALLING ITS NEW TRANSMITTER, THE HARDLINE AND ANTENNA WAS PUT UP THIS PAST FALL. WE SHOULD START TESTING EARLY JULY. WE WILL BE FOUND ON CHANNEL 41.
I live in Kettering, OH (Dayton area). Does anybody know, do I have a good chance at picking up Cincinnati DTV in my area? I've heard opinions both ways.
I live in central Kettering, OH (near Town & Country Shopping Center). Has anybody had any positive experiences picking up Cincinnati digital OTA stations in this area? If so, what kind of antenna was used? Would the fact that I live within a couple of blocks of the WING radio tower complicate things? Thanks.
Has anybody experienced a DST-3000 which causes most channels to have a purple cast on them? It makes me want to adjust the tint on every channel. I am watching regular DirecTV and cable (through the 1080i ports). The S-video looks a little better, but not much.
Thanks very much, I will try that solution.
I live close to a commercial radio station tower, and therefore must have RF interference filters on all my phone/modem connections to prevent hearing the station when I'm on the phone. This usually works well. However, when I connect the phone cord into my new Toshiba DST-3000 DirecTV receiver, it causes interference from the radio station on ALL phones and modems on ALL jacks around the house. This even occurs when the DST-3000's power cord is unplugged! The RF...