or Connect

Posts by cmoses

Just got a 650 and took a quick look here. Can someone tell me the advantages of using the 7.7 software over the myharmony.com web page? Thanks
I have had my TV a couple of weeks and really enjoy it. I have had one small issue. A few times I have lost sound on the TV. Once it happened shortly after turning it on, maybe 1 or 2 minutes. Picture was fine, the sound just was gone. The other times it has happened was after watching a recorded show from my DirecTV box and switching back to live TV. Same thing picture fine just no sound. Turning off the TV and waiting a few seconds and turning back on fixed the issue. I...
I can't answer the warranty question but I can answer the remote question. I was planning on buying the 55LW5700 from Costco and doing all the hacks, but found the 5600 for the same price. I still wanted the THX so I went out and got an RCA remote from Walmart. It was only $7.96 plus tax. Best $8 I ever spent. I had used some of the settings in this post to setup my Expert 1 & Expert 2 settings. Which were a big improvement. When I got the remote and turned on the THX I...
Could you be more specific on how you turned on AC3 5.1? I have done the hacks for THX and THX3D but seem to not be able to find the AC3 option. I would like to enable it for the optical out. Thanks
Can someone tell me how to enable the optical to output DD 5.1? Is it in the service menu? Which option?
I got the same remote from WalMart this weekend. Its the RCA RCR312WR. It was $7.96 at my local WalMart here in TX. This is a link to what it looks like:http://rcaaudiovideo.com/remotes/2-3.../?sku=RCR312WRIt worked fine and I was able to get into the advanced menu.
Trying to get my new 55LW5600, DirecTV satellite box and Sony HT-CT550W sound bar to work all together. I am hoping someone might give me some tips. I was working with it today made some progress but it is not all working right yet. Hope someone else here has a similar setup and can give me some advice. I turn on my LG 55LW5600, DirecTV box and my Sony HT-CT550W. Everything is working and the sound is going through the Sony soundbar. I have the DirecTV box plugged...
Thanks Possumgirl, that makes sense. So I was playing around with my system trying to get Simplink to work and I had some success but I think I am missing something. I turn on my LG 55LW5600, DirecTV box and my Sony HT-CT550W. Everything is working and the sound is going through the Sony soundbar. I have the DirecTV box plugged into the Sony receiver and then the HDMI out going to the LG TV in. I have ARC turned on for both the LG TV and the Sony soundbar. I open my...
I am hoping someone might be able to assist me with an issue. I purchased my Sony back in December and hooked it up per the instructions. My TV at the time a Phillips LCD did not have ARC capabilities. I have my DirecTV box and my Samsung Blu-Ray hooked into the Sony receiver and then one cable running to the TV HDMI-1. When I would turn on my Blu-Ray the input would automatically switch on the receiver. But when I finished and turned off the Blu-Ray the receiver...
I do want to do the hack. I did the search and a lot of posts talked about it but I didn't see a post that actually showed how to do it or had a link for it. If anyone has this or can direct me I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks