or Connect

Posts by Hank Mardukous

I am actually happy to hear that Energy may be zipped up, at least they can go out on a mostly very high regarded note, they definitely deserve it. The sooner the better.
I just switched around a 2 channel system last night after we were done with comparing the different Veritas models at about 4 in the morning. I figured it was time to get rid of the equipment that I don't love and clean house after I embraced the fact that the new Energy is no longer a brand that I care about. I switched out a receiver that I put about $700 altogether into, and replaced it with a Luxman that I put $30 altogether into. Everyone that has heard the Luxman...
To tell you the honest truth, I didn't even bother to directly compare them. I don't care enough to go through the trouble. The 6.3s have a lot more treble, but the rest of their sound was very familiar to me, because I have owned the RC-70s for a long time now. For low listening levels, I think the 6.3s are really great, but I could never use them for loud, long listening periods. The finish on the 6.3s is incredible compared to the black ash and cherry finish of the RC-70s.
These are the 1.8s, and I agree, they are truly great speakers. I also agree that the glory days for Energy are long gone.I will keep my current model RC speakers for mostly home theatre use, but I don't think I will ever seriously audition another new Energy speaker again. Energy's new treble cranked sound signature, cheap computer speakers and soundbars have me not caring at all about the brand. It makes me very disappointed, and it is time for me to move on. Luckily, I...
Up here in Ontario these are usually $4291 all in. I would never attempt to try them out in home through an online purchase.These Veritas 6.3 speakers are going to go back into their boxes and will be returned.At first listen with low volumes, they sounded good, but the appeal ended after that. The overpowering highs did their luxurious cabinet a disservice at medium to high volumes with most music genres. Classical and jazz are where they excel. In my opinion, the Veritas...
I finally found a good enough deal to make it worth picking up the Veritas 6.3 to try. $2200 all in up here is a pretty decent score, and this fit on my interest free card, so I have nothing to lose if I return them. Right out of the box I am surprised. They are different than what I expected. I wasn't sure if I would even bother unboxing both of the 6.3 speakers, but I am now interested and looking forward to hooking them up to a powerful amp and comparing against other...
That would be a cool store, if they have a quarter of the stock that they have listed.
You might want to try out a SACD or DVD-A player/ combo player if you love music, since you will probably be buying perfectly matched speakers.I backed off from Onkyo about 6 years ago, due to heat issues. I have heard about HDMI issues lately as well. If everything works properly, Onkyo offers tremendous bang for the buck, but for me, the risk is way more than I am willing to take a chance on. I am very happy with Denon for home theatre use.
With everything that has been happening to Energy in recent times, this would defnitely be a concern to me. With the introduction of all the low end products, I would think that Energy would have to honour any pre-existing warranties because they are still using the Energy name, but I would not expect them to handle any issues with a customer first attitude. I would be concerned with the higher end gear that wouldn't be an over the counter straight up exchange. I imagine...
The trick is to be ahead of what is perceived to be desirable. Energy has a fairly large following and the clerks are wise to it. Try to find a brand that is not so much in demand. Marantz, Energy etc. are well known. Look for less known like Sears for example. You will be surprised for sound, but resale won't make you a millionaire. From what I have read of your posts, you are well on your way to being a connoisseur of sound. Having fun is the main goal dude