or Connect

Posts by mmoore2

Excellent, another device to put in the HDMI chain. What could go wrong? I'm willing to find out...
The GT750 seems to have the same menus/options - pg 30 of its manual.
In the HD33 manual (quick Google search/download from Optoma site), on pg 33 Display|3D menu, there are options under 3D-> 2D to display Left or Right frame.But someone who owns one would be able to confirm it works.
I finally got my setup going. I believe I got the second last kit that was offered on ebay, but it's taken me a while to get everything in place. At first, I got 2 Panasonic PT-AR100Us, but when I tried the first one, I thought the fan was way too noisy, so I sent them back. Then I got 2 refurbished Epson 8350s, but one of those had a weird convergence problem where there was a double image in magenta about a quarter of an inch from the real image. So I returned that...
Wow. I just received a refurb 8350 yesterday that was doing the exact same thing. It seems to be beyond a convergence problem since the second image is magenta and about a half inch or so off. I wonder if it's a quality control issue, or if they're getting damaged in shipping. The carton was not the usual type with styrofoam holding the projector, but instead there were a layer of cardboard with just a single sheet of plastic - one on top and one underneath the...
If you use the Omega kit with dual projectors that don't have lens shift, how do you line them up? Do you tilt them both, or just one? In either case, is keystone correction necessary?
I have question about HC4000 placement. I'm thinking about buying this projector, but I'm looking at the user manual, it seems that the offset is much greater for the 2:35 vs. the 16:9 screens. For example, for a 16:9, 49" high (100" diagonal) screen, the offset (Hd) is 16.5" but for 2:35, a 47" high (120" diag) screen, the offset is 28.5" When using this method of zooming/scaling for the 2:35 size, do I go by the 16:9 offset or the 2:35 offset? I only have a 91"...
I know, yet another Epson thread. I wasn't sure where to put this, but since I usually hang out in this forum, and it sounds like there's a lot of new Epson owners, I thought I'd put it here. I own an Epson 3010, but wasn't completely satisfied with how everything looked in 3d, but I couldn't figure out to calibrate it since there aren't any 3d calibration discs (that I know of). A while ago, I saw a podcast with Joe Kane talking about "3d-flat" is all you need to...
Thanks for that explanation, PB! I figured it was your continued R&D leading to the changes, but it's nice to know the reasons for the changes - what they accomplish, too. I've already picked up the behr UPW flat and will go with the 11/11/11 version. Now my question is, which "level" - I've been going back and forth between 4.0 and 5.0, and recently thought I'd go with 4.0, because the projector central lumens value (26ftL) fit one of your recommendations I saw...
I was about to try an SF application, but now I'm not sure what to mix. The recipe I was going by was from 9/28. The amount of Minwax Polycrylic was 20 oz., and the Liquitex Basics Titanium White was 8 oz. On 10/23, the Polycrylic was down to 16 oz, and the Titanium White was up to 10 oz. Now, on 11/11 the Polycrylic is down to 12 oz. and the Titanium White has been replaced with the flat UPW. So, I'm wondering why the amount of polycrylic keeps going down? And, if I...