or Connect

Posts by dbx123

I have to be honest and add; I was very impressed with the fairly cool cover after driving the NR1008 pretty hard. I can't speak of previous models, but mine runs very cool. Admittedly, I only go to approx 64 (sweet setting) for most movies. I've jacked it up past that a few times and felt more heat, but not only no complaints from me here, but I'd commend Onkyo on this very point. Our ages aren't listed, but fwiw, I'm a 53 year old "ex"-audiophile, lol. This ain't...
The actual use of 11.2....I agree. However, I really enjoyed the sound of heights added to the mix. I tried the Wide option, but went with the Height arrangement instead. Hell, anything above 5.1 is matrix sound anyway, but I find Audyssey a great program. In fact, this is one reason that I chose Onkyo over Yamaha. Immersion into a movie was an important feature to me, but at this point, I'm sorry I didn't go with Yamaha's "nearly equal" AVR at 1/4 of the price!...
*fixed*
Holy cow, another poster who actually comprehends! Bingo.....The uncontrolled scrolling? Um...yep...3wks after the HDMI failed. I was simply putting off sending the beast up the east coast...but then the scrolling deal happened . And yes, you had to unplug it...couldn't even turn it off.Don't take that bait. Any AVR needs ventilation, but the poster you quoted might as well be saying, "Those aren't the droids you're looking for..." Anyone here who has even read a...
Well stated. Another irony here? That before logging in to find my thread, I simply scanned down each page. What did I find? More threads on Onkyo failures and issues with their CS, overall. My unit is finally back...and working as it should. However, I am just counting the days until it fails again. As for "defenders" of Onkyo, I understand their point. However, they're not looking at the bigger picture here. Yes, every company produces models that have...
Well, conventional wisdom would tell you that a refurb is a "as good as new product" that has the bug(s) worked out, and that it shouldn't repeat the same failure. I actually looked at this as an advantage.One from this worldwide forum would probably tend to agree. Again, I knew all too well of the possibilities of failure....and it simply came true. In the case of mine being a refurb, this failure(s) likely repeated itself, as there are many threads here that attest to...
Reading comprehension really needs to be addressed in this country.
Sorry for any misunderstanding, but the unit arrived in perfect working condition. I was merely lamenting the fact that I've had 7wks "working time" since I un-boxed it. But again, I even asked A4Less if the 1008 was as prone to HDMI failure as the "lower" lines, and I was told, "Yes, much lower." There are even more minute details that I haven't bothered to type out. But if you only knew... I've been a CS, GM or Sales Manager for my entire career, and I work towards...
Accessories4less gave me the option of buying an extended warranty, but I put it off for several months. While still under warranty, I contacted them to do exactly that. I was informed that it was too late (I believe after 90 days...can't be sure). You, the thing I didn't even bother to mention here, was that I never even opened the box for over 3mths after receiving it. Not normal, but I was on the verge of splitting with my wife, so....I have thus far enjoyed the...
The short version: I bought a refurb NR1008 through Accessories4less, for a mere $849. I was betting on "old school" facts, that refurbs usually had the kinks fixed. Wrong. So, I send my "$1500" AVR off to United Radio (Onkyo's main contract "fixer") 2wks before x-mas, and what happens? FedEx damages it in shipping. I'm made aware of it...two weeks later....and Fedex comes and gets it from UR...assesses it...and reships it back to UR within 3 days (not bad,...