or Connect

Posts by Robin0719

Quote: Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 Your take is so far off base. I do care about picture quality, i could care less about the aesthetics. and before we settled on LG, we did the 30-day trial of a few pannies/sammies along the way. LGs have more pop, realistic display of colors, more natural & a boat load of tweaks @ ones disposal, via a fairly easy UI to navigate. I checked out all 3 brands at the store and found LG to easily have...
I just bought the LG 50PV450 on Friday. I have to say, the picture is just a touch better than an "etcha sketch with color." (Please note the sarcasm. The picture is really quite incredible.) The buzzing is extremely minimal and only audible when the screen is very bright. Even then you have to get up close to the TV. I will say, that image retention happens very quickly... A matter of seconds really. But the retained images also disappear very quickly. I am...
I have a one Blu-Ray at a time subscription and of course I get unlimited streaming. I have been using NF basically since it came out. I have always felt it to be a great value. I could care less if certain content is delayed because frankly, there is so much available that I will never run out of entertainment. I don't need to see the newest releases as they come out.
Yeah I should probably just stop reading these forums, I just get scared away from everything. I liked the picture on this set at the store quite a bit. I don't play games online against people, so even if lag is a little high it should affect me too greatly. I am touch worried about racing games though... But overall for the money and the features, this seems like the best bet for what I want.
Well, that's just great. Terrible input lag and WORSE blacks than last year. I was really leaning towards this TV.
I can't understand needing to break in my TV with slides and only 16:9 content for 100-500 hours. I ought to be able to just use my TV any way that I desire right out of the box. I certainly agree that movies with black bars and playing a game for a few hours cannot be considered abuse. I'm curious... Do the manufacturers warn against static images on screen for too long in the owners manuals? Do they advise break in periods? Do they even address IR and burn in at...
Well, I am glad to hear that at least. It was set up with it's own Blu-Ray player. Most other TVs were all running ESPN on Direct TV or something like that. I actually had to have them turn on this one, it was pretty slow in there and they were shutting some units off. The sales guy wasn't the brightest, he was annoying me quite a bit. I'm going to go back and look at it closer, use the remote and everything myself. I'm sure the demo disc must have caused the issue. ...
I saw this TV at a store today. The one thing I noticed, and it might have been the source... There was a Blu-Ray running, but it was some sort of demo disc. The image didn't seem to reach all the way to the edge of the screen. Has anyone seen this at home watching Blu-Ray or any HD content? There was even a moment when the image would shrink even further from the edge of the screen for a brief second or two and pop back out to it's original point, still not reaching...
So why don't they make 1080p CRT televisions? I'm sure there is some kind of technical reason I don't know about. I was wondering that the other day actually. If they could made a high def CRT I'd be all over that.
I don't really feel like watching movies with black bars and playing games for a couple of hours should be considered abuse. I just think it's absurd that when I spend $1000+ I have to worry that I might screw up my TV by simply having it on. And I will worry about it if I get a plasma, no matter what anyone here might say. It's disturbing to me that, the OP played a game that I also play, for only a few hours, and he got IR that has lasted at least a few days. So far...