or Connect

Posts by 1949live

The comment about HDBaseT supporting anything but a point-to-point connection is incorrect. You can only connect one receiver to one transmitter.
CI folks would love nothing better than to double their costs. Believe me none of them could get away with it. Consumers today are well educated and we all have Internet access. However, the CI, like any business, has to make a profit to stay in business. The failure rate of new CIs is about 30% according to one source I talked to, and one of the main reasons is the margins disapper if you have to make a few service calls to fix gear that does not work or you did a...
The "price gouging" comment is really out of line, since you are clearly not a manufacturer and do not understand the industry. Let me share a few items with you so you can understand reality. I accept that you may not care and will buy the cheapest anything, but I would like you to understand what is really going on here - there is no price gouging, the implication of which I frankly resent. Monoprice is selling their item below the landed cost in the US of this class...
The extenders work with any HDMI data stream from any HDMI connected product. The switcher we manufacture is presently only for Control4. It will be available for other systems in the near future.
Hi Folks - David here from HydraConnect. The MonoPrice product is a typical first generation HDBaseT product. It is twice the size of the HEXT-21, requires a power supply at both ends, and does not power down. This requires this large box and a plug in power supply to be scrunched behind a TV that you would like to be flat against the wall. Not an easy feat. And because it does not power down, you should see how hot the unit behind the TV gets, since it is on 24/7. ...
The price of the HSS-1 is comperable to other products in its class like the Atlona AT-PRO2HD88M or the Intellix products, to name just a few, and the HSS-1 has significantly more features and functionality than other products in its price range. Clearly there are much cheaper products with much less functionality - it depends what you want and what you can afford - the standard tradeoffs.
Certainly if only 3 or 4 displays are involved then an 8X8 is usually not cost effective. Our customers usually find that 5-6 displays is where the HSS-1 becomes really cost effective and such an installation usually requires centralized sources. If you are distributing the sources then any kind of HDMI switch is really not needed.
We looked at where to put the HDMI extenders, and it is our opinion that the configuration we use is the best. We put the A/V receivers between the HSS-1 and the TVs for two reasons - one is that it allows the receiver OSD to be seen on the TV. Many AVRs, Sony is a good example, do not have front panel setup capability and only use the OSD. To see the OSD, you have to have the TV video provided through the receiver. Second, if the receiver is not inline with the TV,...
Hi - sorry I missed your entry - will try and answer your questions: The audio matrix does replace the C4 matrix amp. The HSS-1 does all the matrix switching and volume controlling, and all you need is a simple amp like from SnapAV to drive the speakers. Integrating the audio matrix into HSS-1 also gives you A/V remix for free, which allows you to view one source but listen to a separate audio source - great for sports events. So if you have already run your home...
Hi - David here - I work for HydraConnect. Let me elaborate on the product and why we think it is pretty special. It is not just an HDMI switch - we call it an HDMI processor. For a C4 system, it provides 8X8 HDMI switching (more later), 8X8 stereo switching with volume control, and complete control of nearly all the AV gear through CEC. Hence it replaces the expensive C4 matrix amp, numerous HC200/300s to drive the IR blasters, and the labor to install and program...