or Connect

Posts by dchalfont

Yeah we do have almost the same specs.I have ns-777x2, ns-333x4, ns-c444, yst-rsw300x2.The receiver was an rx-v667 but I've upgraded to an rx-v3071 since then.I got rid of, my Haf-x and went back to my Antec 300 as despite the fact that it was smaller, it also runs quieter and cooler.My GTX 670 sounded like a leaf blower in the haf x but as it runs cooler the fan doesn't ramp up as much.How do you like your speakers?I love mine and since the receiver upgrade it's been...
I know this is 'small fries' to everyone else here but I just upgraded from a Yamaha RX-V667 to a Yamaha RX-V3071 and I am blown away. People on here/aduioholics/whirlpool forums had me believing that my speakers would be a bottleneck to any increase, but I'm happy to report that they couldn't have been more wrong. In all my tests ( various blu-rays, MP3s and Wav files ) distortion in the form of crackling or muddy bass has disappeared. Terminator Salvation ( DTS-MA...
Yeah the interface is very primitive...I don't even know why the receiver does not pass through video and photo files, I mean...the NAS does the processing/decoding anyway, surely it can't have been that hard to pass it along HDMI to the TV... *Sigh* That sounds good anyway. All I want is to hear the music as it was recorded, without any decoding and re-decoding done. Now if only I can fix my the hundreds of WAV files that WMP has incorrectly named and ordered so that...
Thanks very much. I will definitely check it out. A quick search told me that they are only about $360AUS...which is nothing considering that garbage like WD TV live etc cost $160 and don't do passthrough.I didn't get a $1600 receiver yesterday only to have the quality castrated at the media player end of things.So just to clarify, barring video features, those players will pass the audio ( as is ) from my NAS to my receiver ).*I plan on cutting the PC out of the equation,...
Thanks for the reply. The DLNA is only a requirement for my ability to stream music to my receiver for my music. As for the video and pictures...doesn't matter what method it uses, as long as it plays nice with either of the NASes that I mentioned. I plan on using the Synology O.S/software as I tried the demo on the website and also user and 'proffesional' reviews seem to highly rate it's ergonomic interface etc. EDIT: The websites of these devices are always...
I'm going to buy a Synology DS212+ or a Synology DS412+. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V3071 ( it is DLNA/UPnP ) certified and can stream music via network ( but not picture or movies ). My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-55EX500. It does not have network capabilities. I want to know the simplest way of streaming content from my NAS to my TV. I take it I need some kind of media player on the TV end ( which needs a HDMI out ), but I'm hoping I can get one with pass through so that...
That's for the response. I after reading around the general consensus was the same as yours, that not only was the built quality amazing; but that the software was intuitive etc. I want to get it up and running ASAP.
I was looking at this: Synology DiskStation DS112j http://www.synology.com/products/spec.php?product_name=DS112j&lang=enu#p_submenu Single disk, minimalistic, quiet, low poer usage, good software support. I'm not so much looking for alternative solutions as all the other ones I've looked at in the same ( or lower price bracket ) are either not HDD swappable ( inbuilt ) and have reviewed poorly for software support and or noise. I've looked at some D-link and western...
There have been plenty of tests done ( even some by audioholics ) that prove that modern receivers are fully capable of powering lower impedance speakers while the reciever is set to the high impedance setting ( so as not to limit the power output ).So setting your receiver to a lower impedance can cut your wattage in half unnecessarily.O.TIf anyone could answer my question it would be much appreciated.
I'm getting an RX-V3071 in a few weeks, identical to the 3010 in power DAC, features, inputs...just missing the 5th foot, ipod dock and extended warranty. I'm upgrading from an RX-V667. My speakers are all Yamaha, specs as follows All speakers are 6 ohm, subs are active. Fronts: 30hz-35khz 100watt nominal, 250 max Centre: 55hz-35khz 100watt nominal, 250 max Surrounds: 65-35hkz 60watt nominal, 150 max Subs: 20-160khz 270 watts Can anyone tell me if my speakers will be a...